City, school announce upcoming vacancies The combined city and school election is April 11, but nominating petitions can be circulated starting Feb. 11.
The following city offices will be vacant due to the expiration of the present term:
* Mayor, Bill Radigan incumbent;
* Alderman Central Ward (2-year term), Barbara Yelverton incumbent;
* Alderman Northeast Ward (2-year term), Gary Wright incumbent;
* Alderman Northeast Ward (1-year term), Kevin Annis incumbent;
* Alderman Northwest Ward (2-year term), Richard Burbach incumbent;
* Alderman Southeast Ward (2-year term), Roger Kozak incumbent.
Nominating petitions can be received at the city finance office during office hours. Petitions must be signed by 50 registered voters from the ward nominating the candidate, or for the mayoral race, by any registered voter in the city.
For the city election, petitions must be filed within the city finance office at city hall no later than 5 p.m. March 10.
The following school board positions will become vacant due to the expiration of the present term:
* Two three-year terms. Tom Craig and Mark Bottolfson are the incumbents.
Nominating petitions for the school board may be filed in the office of the Vermillion School District's business manager, located at 17 Prospect, or by registered mail, no later than 5 p.m. March 10.