Bid totals reviewed for fire hall by David Lias Ten bids were received at Vermillion City Hall for the construction of the new fire hall and ambulance facility.
Companies offering bids, and the bid totals, not including alternate deductions, are:
* Christensen Construction, Pender, NE, $1,287,000.
* Halman Construction, Sioux City, IA, $1,250,364.
* Hoogendoorn Construction, Canton, $1,209,900.
* L&L Builders Company, Sioux City, $1,331,779.
* Latendresse Construction, Beresford, $1,515,386.
* MSH Contractors, Inc., Sioux Falls, $1,378,900.
* Radec Construction, Hartington, NE, $1,275,300.
* Telling Huisen, Willow Lake, $1,204,000.
* Welfl Construction, Yankton, $1,255,000.
* Peska Construction, no address given, $1,288,985.
It was noted Monday that Bob Lee, the project's architect, did not use a structural engineer on all structural components of designing the building, but rather relied on expertise he has attained in over 30 years of architectural experience.
Aldermen agreed to delay action on the bids to Aug. 7 at the latest. By then, this structural engineering issue should be resolved.