'Cornstock in the Park' set in Wakonda August 12 The Wakonda Swimming Pool Benefit Committee invites the community to the first annual Family Fun Day/Cornstock in the Wakonda Park on Saturday, Aug. 12.
Scheduled events are:
* 12 p.m. � Car show ($1 admission), craft fair (no admission), refreshments in the tent served by the American Legion and Swimming Pool Committee.
* 1 p.m. � Games and contests for young and old sponsored by the Young Producers 4-H Club. Dunk tank featuring: Clay County Deputy Jason Husby, WHS football coaches Scott Meyer and Dan Steffen, Town Manager Mike Bohlmann, and Democratic county commissioner candidate Heath Nelson. Chicken drop bingo hosted by Tim and Cheryl Vander Kooi. Face painting sponsored by Teens In Action. Duck pond and "Tattoos for Kids" by the After Prom Committee.
* 2 to 4 p.m. � Clown with balloons for the kids sponsored by "The Pit."
* 4:30 to 7 p.m. � Supper (free-will donation) consisting of burgers and dogs prepared and served by the Knights of Columbus.
* 5 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. � Music on the tennis court (free-will donation) featuring "Midnight Special" and the re-union of "The Crystal Bleu Band." No coolers please.
People attending Cornstock in the Park are asked to bring lawn chairs.