Classes scheduled at W.H. Over Museum this fall A wide variety of educational classes will be held at the W.H. Over Museum in Vermillion this autumn.
Scheduled courses are:
* Sept. 16, Birds of South Dakota, with Dr. Dave Swanson.
* Sept. 30, Loess Hills of western Iowa, Dr. Bruce Hazlett, Briar Cliff College.
* Oct. 7, Water Color Collage and Landscapes, Jennie Stein (bring own watercolors if possible).
* Oct. 21, Country Schools in Clay County, Fern Kaufmann, middle school and up.
* Oct. 28, Crayon Resist using Wax Resist, Dixie Campbell, middle school and up.
* Nov. 4, Observations in Nature, illustrated talk with Chuck Wiedemann.
* Nov. 11, Rope Making, Leroy Meyer and Tom Gasque.
* Nov. 18, The Natural History of the Great Basin, Dr. Hugh Brittes (middle school and up).
All classes are free and open to all ages except where noted. Registration is encouraged but not required except for the field trip on Sept. 23.
They are sponsored by the Friends of the Museum, Karen Mahood, education chair, W.H. Over Museum, 1110 Ratingen, Vermillion, (605) 677-5228 or 677-5277.