Pulpit Reflections By Dave Tims "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7 N.V)
As much as we are always in a hurry, this is a nice way to think about it.
Ever wonder about the abbreviation ASAP? Generally we think of it in terms of even more hurry and stress in our lives. Maybe if we think of this abbreviation in a different manner, we will begin to find a new way to deal with those rough days along the way.
There's work to do, deadlines to meet; you've got no time to spare, But as you hurry and scurry � ASAP � Always Say a Prayer.
In the midst of family chaos, "quality time" is rare. Do your best, let God do the rest � ASAP � Always Say a Prayer.
It may seem like your worries are more than you can bear. Slow down and take a breather � asap � always say a prayer.
God knows how stressful life is; He wants to ease our cares, and he'll respond to all your needs. ASAP � Always say a prayer.
An 86-year-old woman who has been a Christian for 79 years has tacked up in her room these words:
These things I have tried:
1. Laughing at difficulties, and found them disappearing.
2. Attempting heavy responsibility, and found it growing lighter.
3. Facing a bad situation and found it clearing up.
4. Telling the truth and found it most rewarding.
5. Believing men honest, and found them living up to expectation.
6. Trusting God each day, and found Him surprising me with His bountiful goodness.
7. Keeping my mind stayed on Him, and experiencing perfect peace.
"Give thanks in are circumstances for this is God's will for you" (I Thessalonians 5:18)