Executive committee named for dance marathon The University of South Dakota has announced the 2001 executive committee for the Dance Marathon, the annual fund raiser for the Children's Miracle Network.
The event has enjoyed great success both in fund raising and popularity among the USD community. In its third year, the marathon raised $15,102 and the fund-raising goal for this, the fourth year, is $18,000. The event will be held March 16-17, 2001.
The following were selected for the committee.
* Overall Chair: Jessi Huber, daughter of Loren Huber and Amy Nolan-Huber of Emery.
* Catering Chair: Nick Thurman, son of Mike and Bonnie Thurman of Sioux Falls.
* Dancer Recruitment Chair: Becca Maiwald, daughter of Dieter and Steffanie Maiwald of Sioux Falls.
* Entertainment Chair: Theresa Anderson, daughter of Sandi Anderson and Corkey Jackson of Mobridge.
* Family Relations Chair: Pat Steffen, son of Patty Surat of Kimball and Dale Steffen of White Lake.
* Finance/Correspondence Chair: Amanda Daeges, daughter of David and Ann Daeges of Litchfield, MN.
* Fund-raising Chair: Chris Beiswanger, son of Duane Beiswanger and Lori Munk of Sioux Falls.
* Media Relations Chair: Mary Duncan, daughter of Donna Duncan of Vermillion and Steven Duncan of Martinez, CA.
* Morale Chair: Shannon Barney, daughter of Steve and Cindy Barney of Bloomfield, NE.
* Security/Logistics Chair: Kelly Hornaman, daughter of Time and Josie Hornaman of Aberdeen.