Korean War veterans chapter bears name of General Moses A new chapter of the National Korean War Veterans Association has been formed here in Eastern South Dakota.
This chapter of the KWVA will bear the name of the most distinguished and honorable man, officer and outstanding general and leader of men.
The chapter has been granted a charter under the name of Major General Lloyd R. Moses, who was a citizen of South Dakota and a long-time resident of Vermillion. General Moses served in the U.S. Army for 33 years and after his retirement made his home in Vermillion. General Moses, 95, died in August.
This chapter will be known as the MG Lloyd R. Moses Chapter of the KWVA of Eastern South Dakota. There now are two chapters of the KWVA here in South Dakota; one of the chapters is located west of the Missouri River and the newly formed chapter will be located east of the river.
Officers of the MG Lloyd R. Moses chapter of the KWVA of Eastern South Dakota are:
* President Fred A. Duve Jr., Vermillion.
* Vice President Clayton J. Speiser, Sioux Falls.
* Second Vice President Luther Dappen, Flandreau.
* Secretary/Treasurer Nicholas Schleich, Emery.
* Judge Advocate Jim Wagner, Mitchell.
* MIA/POW Officer James A. Melgaard, Pierre.
* Historian Elden Lawrence, Peever.
Veterans of the Korean War (1950-1953) interested in becoming a member of this chapter of the KWVA may phone 605-624-2134 or write to Fred Duve Jr. at 916 West Clark Street, Vermillion, SD 57069 for information and an application.