USD Dance Marathon 2001 kickoff date set The University of South Dakota Dance Marathon committee is working hard on preliminary plans for the upcoming 2001 Dance Marathon to be held March 16-17.
Kickoff for the 2001 Dance Marathon will be on Dec. 12 at 8 p.m. in Charlie's in the Coyote Student Center. Any USD students, faculty, and staff, as well as any community members interested in dancing, are welcome to attend and begin fund raising for the Children's Miracle Network (CMN).
The 2000 Dance Marathon raised over $15,000 for CMN. This year the Dance Marathon committee has set a goal of raising at least $18,000. The newly formed 2001 Dance Marathon executive committee will be under the guidance of Advisor Genevieve Evans Taylor.
Executive committee members are:
* Jesse Huber, overall chair. She is the daughter of Loren and Amy Nolan Huber of Emery.
* Nick Thurman, catering chair. He is the son of Mike and Bonnie Thurman of Sioux Falls.
* Rebecca Maiwald, dancer recruitment chair. She is the daughter of Dieter and Steffanie Maiwald of Sioux Falls.
* Chris Beiswanger, fundraising chair. He is the son of Duane Beiswanger and Lori Munk of Sioux Falls.
* Theresa Anderson, entertainment chair. She is the daughter of Sandi Anderson and Corky Jackson of Mobridge.
* Pat Steffen, family relations chair. He is the son of Patty Surat of Kimball and Dale Steffen of White Lake.
* Amanda Daeges, finance/correspondence chair. She is the daughter of David and Ann Daeges.
* Mary Duncan, marketing/media relations chair. She is the daughter of Donna Duncan of Vermillion, formerly of Mission and Steven Duncan of Martinez, CA.
* Kelly Hornaman, security/logistics chair. She is the daughter of Tim and Josie Hornaman of Aberdeen.