FSA Notes

FSA Notes by Keith Zanter Reminders before harvest and LDP/Loan season begins

1. CCC-709 forms MUST be signed and in the office before harvest begins. These forms cover grain hauled directly to the elevator from the field. Operators � Please check with your owners to make sure they have completed and returned their 709s!

2. LDP CCC-666 forms are no longer being used. It has been replaced by CCC-633. This is the form used to obtain and LDP on stored grain. If you have a CCC-666 form at home, please throw it away. CCC-633 is the new form used in the office, and is the only one the office will be able to accept by FAX or mail. Please stop by the office and pick up a blank CCC-633 form to be used for stored grain LDP requests.

3. Both the husband and wife are required to sign security agreements before sealing grain. In order to sign on each other's behalf, and FSA-211 or FSA-211-1 must be on file. These can be obtained at the office and require an employee to witness the signing, or be notarized.

4. Also, the full legal names (including middle names) of both spouses are required on CCC loans. Please be prepared to provide this when making application for a CCC loan.

Cropped wetlands in CRP

Do you own small acres of wetlands that have been farmed, but in prior years were unable to plant and/or harvest a crop?

If you do, you may be eligible to enroll in a new Farmable Wetlands Pilot Program. South Dakota has been allocated 100,000 acres of farmable wetlands to be enrolled in CRP. Eligible producers may receive an annual rental payment for a 10- to 15-year period. These payments will be based on the dryland cash rental rate weighted average.

An upfront one-time signing incentive payment of $100 to $150 per acre, depending on contract length, will be paid after the contract is approved. Eligible producers may also receive a 90 percent cost-share for the grass-seeding establishment. Wetlands acres must meet all of the following basic eligibility:

* The maximum individual wetland area can be no greater than 5.0 acres with an upland buffer up to three times the wetland acreage or 150 feet may be enrolled to protect the wetland.

* Each tract is limited to a maximum of 40.0 acres (wetland and buffered area).

* Eligible acreage must have been cropped three of the past 10 years.

* Wetland acreage must not lie in the 100-year floodplain.

If you are interested in enrolling in this program please contact our office or the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) at (605)624-7060.

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>