United Way 2002 'tidbits' If you gave up one $1 bottle of pop every week for 52 weeks and donated the $52 to United Way of Vermillion, you could provide?
* One hour of counseling for a person needing mental health counseling who has a minimal income. (Mental Health Counseling)
* One year's debt management services for a family working to repay their debt. (Consumer Credit Counseling)
* Thirty-one gallons of fuel, 26 quarts of oil or 13 gallons of anti-freeze for one of the buses. (Southeast Transit)
* Twenty-six home-delivered meals to a senior citizen who is homebound and unable to go to a congregate dining facility. (Dakota Senior Meals)
* A pizza party for the kids. (Big Friends-Little Friends)
* Assistance for one girl to attend a three-day summer camp or eight girls to attend a one-day summer fun camp at Joy Hollow. (Sioux Trails Girl Scout Council)
* A one-night stay and breakfast for a parent and one child in a domestic violence shelter. (Vermillion Coalition Against Domestic Violence)
* A fun, two-day adventure at Cub Scout Day Camp for a nine-year old boy who may be a future leader. (Sioux Council Boy Scouts of America)
* One stationary pedal exerciser or one set of hand weights for the healthy life styles client program. (SESDAC, Inc.)
* Three special senior meals for one person each month for an entire year. (Vermillion Senior Citizens Center)
* Physical therapy at home for someone who is recovering from a broken hip. (Sioux Valley Vermillion Visiting Nurses Association)
* Social workers visits to provide comfort and support to a dying person and his/her family. (Sioux Valley Vermillion Hospice)
* Uniforms for two athletes, or event accommodations for three athletes and one coach. (Vermillion Special Olympics)
For more information, contact the United Way, P.O. Box 216, Vermillion, SD 57069 or call 624-4626.