Vermillion Students to test auto repair skills Jeff Gilbertson and Jeanette Nygaard from Vermillion High School will be pitting their automotive repair skills against eight other South Dakota teams in Sioux Falls on April 25, in the State Finals of the 2002 Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills Competition. The competition will be held at the Southeast Technical Institute and will start at 10:30 a.m. and will end at noon.
The state final matches teams in a hands-on contest to diagnose and repair a deliberately disabled vehicle. More than $10 million in prizes and scholarships will be awarded narionwide. The state champions will advance to the national finals on June 17 in Washington, DC.
South Dakota schools and students qualifying for the state finals are:
* Jared Vilhaur and Justin Dell of Hub Area Technical School, Aberdeen
* Seth Evenson and Jacob Franklin of East Central Multi-District, Brookings
* Scott Beekman and Robert Milbrandt of Huron High School, Huron
* Justin Kuper and Micheal Blitsch of Lennox High School, Lennox
* Chris Madsen and Craig Kirchberg of Milbank High School, Milbank
* John Kallemeyn and Alex Jones of Riggs Senior High School, Pierre
* Ross Bestgen and Ryan Opstedahl of Sturgis High School, Sturgis
* Jeff Gilbertson and Jeanette Nygaard of Vermillion High School, Vermillion
* Gregory Jensen and John Potts of Yankton Senior High School, Yankton.