Wilson receives leadership award April 25 from Hamline University Laura Wilson of Vermillion, was presented with the Out-standing Student Leader award at the Hamline University Student Leadership Re-cognition Banquet on April 25. Wilson, a graduate of Vermillion High School, is the daughter of Jerry and Norma Wilson of Vermillion.
The Outstanding Student Leader award is presented annually to four Hamline University College of Liberal Arts student leaders who exemplify campus leadership and meet the following criteria:
* Maintains an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher;
* Demonstrates outstanding service to the Hamline University Community;
* Excels in curricular and co-curricular leadership;
* Acts as a superior role model;
* Motivates and inspires groups their actions and positive attitudes;
* Strives to develop new skills and strengthen existing ones.
* Goes above and beyond expectations to produce results; and
* Works effectively with a variety of people.
Hamline University is Minnesota's first university, serving a diverse student body
of more than 3,300 degree-seeking students and 8,000 professionals in continuing ed-
ucation. Hamline awards bachelor's, master's, doctorate, and professional degrees and has four schools: an undergraduate College of Liberal Arts, School of Law, Graduate School of Education and Graduate School of Public Administration and Management. The university also offers a master's degree in liberal studies and master of fine arts in writing through its graduate liberal studies program. Hamline University is located in St. Paul, MN and is affiliated with the United Methodist Church.