Clean-up day successful; supper followed by meeting Wakonda had one of its best clean up days May 7.
Thanks especially go to all of the school students who helped.
One of the classes got the jump on the scheduled day and had cleaned up not only the school grounds, but the park and a number of blocks in town. Several elementary teachers were out on Wednesday, along with their students.
Wakonda High School's Teens in Action were highly visible. Several trips to burning areas as well as bags going to dumpsters were completed prior to the supper at the Manor.
Community Club members held a short meeting following the supper. Following is a brief list of the business:
1. Yard of the Month selected (see separate story).
2. Voted to increase scholarship funds.
3. Set date for rummage sales in last week of June.
4. Noted with thanks to Daryl and Donna Henriksen for the purchase of new flower barrels, use of their trailer for cans and disposal of same.
5. Voted to send congratulations to the school for its recent high placing in the SDSU Physics Bowl.
6. Set Wednesday noon, June 4 as next month's meeting date.