Yankton Medical Clinic pledges $35K to med center The Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. recently pledged $35,000 to The University of South Dakota for their new medical sciences building. The facility will replace Lee Medicine & Science Hall, which was built in 1952.
Dr. John C. Sternquist, president of the Yankton Medical Clinic board of directors, presented a check to the USD School of Medicine Dean of Basic Sciences Ronald Lindahl.
Sternquist expressed the clinic's desire to support this project.
"It is one of our clinic's visions to assist in the medical education of our future healthcare providers whenever possible. We are proud of the educational process provided by USD, the students they recruit, and our association with both USD and the students. By financially and educationally assisting USD in providing a solid, quality education, we are enabling our future physicians to return to our Midwest communities with the knowledge and skills needed to provide patients with exceptional care."
Funds for the new facility are being sought by The University of South Dakota Foundation as part of its comprehensive Campaign South Dakota. Having raised $27.6 of the $31.6 million project, USD recently received approval from the Board of Regents to begin the design phase of the project.
The Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. is a physician-owned multi-specialty clinic with a medical staff of approximately 40 physicians. Their vision is to be a comprehensive, primary and specialty regional system of care, with emphasis on alliances, medical education, and community health.