FCS sponsors S.D. State Fair shows Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is pleased to once again sponsor entertainment during the South Dakota State Fair set July 28 through Aug. 3.
The week-long event will feature live performances from several entertainment groups fit for all ages. All attendees are welcome to experience the festivities in FCSAmerica's tent at its new location (one block south of the Hippodrome on Livestock Avenue).
"We're honored to count the South Dakota agricultural community among the friends of Farm Credit Services of America, said Mary Michalek, financial officer in the FCSAmerica Huron office. "This is our way of giving something back to our members and the entire state of South Dakota."
One of the state fair's primary goals has always been to create a community environment that promotes youth development. Farm Credit Services of America is helping to preserve this tradition by offering quality, family entertainment.
This year's entertainment lineup includes:
* Nathan Payant � An acoustic folk singer with a talent for connecting with his audience through his story-telling songs. Monday, July 28, 10 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m.
* Greg Hansen � An award-winning composer, record producer/arranger and new age recording artist with three solo albums and five compilation albums to his credit. Tuesday, July 29, 10 a,.m., 1 and 3 p.m.
* U.S. Air Force Heartland of America Band "Night Wing" � A musical group of professionals who perform the hottest new country and alternative charts to rock-n-roll classics. Wednesday and Thursday, July 30 and 31, 1 and 3 p.m.
* Uffda Brudders � A comedy and entertainment group that incorporates Norski humor, beautiful country harmony and inspiring gospel music. Friday, Aug. 1, 10 am., 1 and 3 p.m.; and Saturday, Aug. 2, 10 a.m., 1 and 5 p.m.
* Auctioneers Contest � The state's best come out and compete. Saturday, Aug. 2, 3 p.m.
* Mallorie Haley � A country and gospel teen singing sensation who has sung at a number of major sporting event and who had opened for a host of top-name country acts. Sunday, Aug. 3, 10 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m.
Farm Credit Services of America is proud to finance the growth of rural America, including the special needs of young and beginning producers. With 53,000 customers and assets of more than $7 billion, FCSAmerica is one of the largest providers of credit and insurance services to farmers, ranchers, agribusiness and rural residents in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming.