Chamber Chat by Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Upcoming Events
* Randy Eichaker, from S.D. Dept of Revenue, will be giving a presentation on the laws affecting the change in the sales tax for Vermillion. The presentation will begin at 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 22 at the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce and Development Company office.
* Vermillion Chamber of Commerce and Development Company Annual Banquet is scheduled for Feb. 6. Mark your calendars!
* USD/Vermillion Showcase Day at the legislature is scheduled for Feb. 10 in Pierre. If you would like to participate in this day please call our office at 624-5571.
* Community Lighting Contest � Wednesday, Dec. 17 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The Vermillion Merchant Promotions committee will be judging the event on the evening of Dec. 17. No registration is required and all homes with their lights on will automatically be qualified.
* Executive Call Program is a program that was launched by the VCDC Ambassadors. The Call Program is one way for the Ambassador team to build upon relationships with area businesses and to provide a feedback mechanism to ensure that ideas and suggestions are shared, and that the business needs are being met. Be looking for an Ambassador to contact you in the very near future.
* Looking for holiday gift ideas? How about Vermillion Bucks? Vermillion Bucks are available at the Chamber of Commerce and can be purchased in denominations of $5, $10 or $20. Vermillion Bucks spend just like cash at any Vermillion business. Vermillion Bucks make great gifts for friends, co-workers, or family. Support our local merchants and "Shop Vermillion" this holiday season.
* We welcome the Midwest Youth Basketball tournaments to Vermillion this weekend. Teams from all over the state travel to Vermillion to participate in this event. Let's help them feel welcome in Vermillion.
If you have upcoming events that you would like listed through the Chamber or if you would like our Ambassadors to be present at your event, please contact our office at