Chamber Chat by the Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company
* Downtown Streetscape Public Meeting � Tuesday, March 2, 7 p.m. at the Vermillion Fire/EMS Station. Public meeting to view drawings and provide input. Your input is valued and appreciated. Please participate!
* 2004 City Elections � Election time is coming up. Get involved � get out and vote! If you are not a registered voter, you can register at the Clay County Court House.
* "Vermillion Night" with the Musketeers � Friday, Feb. 13.� Tremendous amount of Vermillion residents turned out to enjoy the Musketeer's exciting win!� Thank you to everyone that attended.�Special thanks to Mayor Roger Kozak for dropping the first puck and Monica Iverson for the exceptional singing of the National Anthem.�
* Cracker Barrel Session � Saturday, Feb. 14 at the Vermillion Fire/EMS Station. A capacity filled room of residents listened to 2004 legislative issues and gave input to three of District 17 lawmakers.�Thank you to Sen. Joe Reedy, Rep. Donna Schafer, and Rep. B.J. Nesselhuf.� Special thanks to Delta Kappa Gamma for serving refreshments.
* Business Day at the Legislature � Thursday, Feb. 19. Lisa and Heidi attended Business Day in Pierre. South Dakota Chamber President David Owen gave an update on many of the bills being debated in the Legislature.�
* Site Visit/New Prospect � On Thursday, Feb. 18, Lisa visited an out-of-state business regarding their potential interest in relocating in Vermillion.
* Retail Development & Promotions
2004 New Membership � Thank you to those who have become new 2004 members this week: Dick Sunde Insurance. A special thank you to all of the 2003 members who have renewed for 2004 and to all of our new members for 2004! We truly appreciate all of your support!
If you would like more information on how to become a member of the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company please stop in to meet with us at 906 East Cherry Street or call 624-5571.