Chamber Chat by the Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Upcoming Events
* VCDC 2004 Annual Banquet! � Friday, Feb. 6 at the Eagle's Lodge, 114 West Main Street. Jerry Wheeler, executive director of the South Dakota Retailers Association, will be speaking on "Legislative Issues & Retail Trends." Public dance at 9 p.m. with Poker Alice Band.
* USD/Showcase Vermillion Day at the Legislature � Feb. 10 in Pierre. Our goal of this day is to really show off the great qualities that Vermillion and USD have to offer. We would like as much participation as possible. If you would be interested in going to Pierre on Feb. 10, please call our office at 605-624-5571 and we will arrange for transportation.
* MADD Meeting � Feb. 10, 7 p.m.�at the Fire/EMS Station.� Judge Rusch will give a presentation on rulings in DWI cases.� Everyone is invited to attend.
* It's Hockey Time! � "Vermillion Night" at the Sioux City Musketeers Game Friday, Feb. 13, 7:30 p.m. Mayor Roger Kozak will be dropping the first puck!� Pick up your advance $8 tickets at the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company 906 East Cherry Street or call 605-624-5571
* Cracker Barrel Session � Feb. 14, 9:30-11:30 a.m. at Vermillion's Fire/EMS Station.� Refreshments will be served by�Delta Kappa Gamma.�
* 2004 New Membership � Thank you to those who have become new 2004 members: Bunyan's, Cody's Steakhouse, Walking Billboard, Fast Auto Glass, E Circle E Hunting Farm, Goebel House Bed & Breakfast, Martinson Construction, MADD, Latt� Da, Coyote Vending, Spirit Mound Construction, Much A Do, Peterman Photo, Holiday Inn Express, Tim and Susan Hanson and Mike and Paula Keller. A special thank you to all of 2003 members that have renewed for 2004! We truly appreciate all of your support!
Holiday Inn Express
Stay tuned for Chamber open house and ribbon cutting ceremony date!
Community Input wanted!!
The Downtown Streetscape Committee invites the public to view the streetscape conceptual drawings and to provide input as a part of the planning process. The drawings and feedback forms will be on display through the month of February at the Vermillion Public Library. Your input is valued and appreciated! Please participate!