Chamber Chat by the Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Events��
* Reminder change of date!� SESDAC Benefit Auction �� SESDAC Auction has been changed from March 27 to March 20, 5:30 p.m. at the Valiant Vineyards.�To purchase tickets please contact SESDAC at 624-4419.
* VCDC 2004 Annual Banquet! � The VCDC Annual Banquet is Friday, March 26 at the Eagle's Lodge, 114 West Main Street with social starting at 6:30 p.m. Featured speaker is Jerry Wheeler, executive director of the South Dakota Retailers Association, who will be speaking on "Legislative Issues & Retail Trends."�The public is invited to join us at 9 p.m. for entertainment by the Poker Alice Band.�
Please contact our office by March 19 if you have purchased tickets and will not be able to attend or to confirm your reservations at 624-5571. Tickets are still available.
* Golden Easter Egg Hunt � Coming Soon!�Please watch for information.�LET THE HUNT BEGIN!!
* 2004 City Elections � Election time is coming up. Get involved � get out and vote! If you are not a registered voter you can register at the Clay County Courthouse.
* Site Visit � Lisa recently visited several out-of-state businesses regarding their potential interest in Vermillion.
Upcoming meetings for the week of March 14:
* Wednesday, March 17, United Way Meeting, noon at the VCDC Office.
* Thursday, March 18, ��������������� �� ������������ ���Executive Board Meeting, noon at the VCDC Office
* Monday, March 22, Ambassador Meeting, noon at the VCDC Office.
* Business Success Workshops � The University of Sioux Falls Center for Women Business Institute and Augustana College, in partnership with DIAL Learning Communities, is offering free workshops that are designed to assist rural business owners in obtaining business success. Thursday nights from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at The University of South Dakota, School of Education, Room 110.�
March 25 � "Operations and Administration"
April 1 � "Technology and Communication"
April 8 and 15 � "Marketing"
April 22 � "Money (Accounting and Loans)"
April 29 � "Customer Service"
Participants can pre-register with Bernard Schramm at 1-866-556-1778.
2004 New Membership
Thank you to those who have become new 2004 members this week: Dr. Mary Jo Olson, Missouri River Expeditions, and Spirit Mound Construction. A special thank you to all of the 2003 members who have renewed for 2004 and to all of our new members for 2004! We truly appreciate all of your support!
If you would like more information on how to become a member of the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company please stop in to meet with us at 906 East Cherry Street or call 624-5571.�