Chamber Chat By Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Events
* Austin Whittemore "Attic Treasures Sale"�� May 1, 8 a.m. to noon � rain or shine at the Austin Whittemore House. For more information, call 624-8266 or 624-5267.
* "Mixed Media Art" � April 28-May 8 at W. H. Over Museum.�� Professor Dennis Navrat and 11 students will present an exhibit at the W. H. Over Museum. A reception will be held Friday, April 30 from 7 to 9 p.m. The reception corresponds with the College of Fine Arts Annual Spring Festival held Friday and Saturday, April 30-May 1. Admission is free.
* Fine Arts Spring Festival � Saturday, May 1, at the Warren Lee Center of Fine Arts. Art sale 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., retirement reception for John Day 4 to 5 p.m., evening music concert by Symphonic Band and Chamber Singers in Knutson Theatre at 7 p.m. and other events through out the day.�In case of weather, event will be relocated at the Continuing Education Building.
* Vermillion Jaycees Pitch, Hit and Run � Sunday, May 2, 1 p.m. at Barstow Park north baseball field. For information, call Tami Davis at 605-624-4135.
* Leadership Vermillion Graduation Banquet � Friday, May 7, 6 p.m. at the USD Neuharth Conference room.�This year we are pleased to have Sen. Tim Johnson as our guest speaker. Sen. Johnson will be awarding the certificates of completion to the graduates. Ticket reservations are available by calling Carl Gutzman at 677-5671 (daytime) or 624-5404 (evening) or emailing email@example.com. You can also contact the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce & Development Company at 624-5571 to purchase your tickets. The cost is $20/person, payable in advance or at the door. Please contact us before May 2 to indicate the number that will be attending.
for the week of May 2
* Thursday, May 5, Merchant Meeting, 6 p.m. at Leo's Lounge.
* Business Success Workshops � The University of Sioux Falls Center for Women Business Institute and Augustana College, in partnership with DIAL Learning Communities, is offering free workshops that are designed to assist rural business owners in obtaining business success.�� Thursday nights from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at The University of South Dakota, School of Education, Room 110.������ �����������
* April 29 "Customer Service"��
* May 6 "Marketing" ����������� �rescheduled date from April 15 class.
Participants can pre-register to Bernard Schramm at 1-866-556-1778.
* Meet the Mayor Candidates Forum � Saturday, May 22, 10 a.m. to noon at the Neuharth Center.�
If you would like more information on how to become a member of the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company please stop in to meet with us at 906 East Cherry Street or call 624-5571.�