Chamber Chat By Vermillion Area Chamber/ Development Company Events
* Celebration of Women � Saturday, April 17, 12:30 p.m. at Coyote Student Center � USD campus.�Experience a "High Time at High Tea." Event includes an elegant three-course high tea, style show, and entertainment and souvenir party favor. Advance tickets need to be purchased by contacting Nook 'n Cranny at 624-4611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* "The Mammals of the Lewis & Clark Expedition:�Undaunted Carnage?" � April 17, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at W. H. Over Museum. Dr. James Novak of the Missouri River Institute and Deptartment of Biology will be discussing many mammals unknown to science at the time of Lewis & Clark Expedition as both food and a means of transport.�
* FREE Identity Theft Seminar � Monday, April 19, 4 p.m. at the Vermillion High School Theatre. Get a head start before crime affects you.�Speaker Robert Siciliano, who has been featured on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Montel Williams, Maury Povich, Sally Jesse Raphael, and in The NY Times, Mademoiselle, and Good Housekeeping. Sponsored by the Vermillion financial institutions, Mix 106.3 KVHT, and the Broadcaster/Plain Talk.
* Operation Pride � Saturday, April 24, 7:30 a.m. to noon.� If anyone would like to volunteer their time and/or a pickup please contact Phyllis Packard at 677-7076. This is a great project to enhance the look of our community!
* Great Strides Program. The Sioux Valley/USD Wellness/ Great Strides Program is having a GREAT response. Please remember to contact Mary Merrigan if you are willing to donate a door or cash prize for the completion celebration at the end.� All those who contribute will be listed in the weekly Great Strides advertising.
* Austin Whittemore Antique Treasures Rummage Sale � May 1, 8 a.m. to noon, rain or shine at the Austin Whittemore House.� To arrange for pick up or drop off of your donation call 624-8266 or 624-5267 no later than April 27.�
* United Way � The United Way of Vermillion is seeking nominations for board of director vacancies. If you are interested in becoming a member of the board or would like additional information, please contact Barb Campbell at 624-5354 prior to April 15.
* Vermillion Fun Daze scheduled � On Monday the merchant committee met and discussed the activities for Vermillion Fun Daze, which will be held on July 29 � mark your calendars!! If you would like to be included in the planning, our next meeting is scheduled for May 5 at 6 p.m. at Leo's Lounge. EVERYONE WELCOME!
* Upcoming meetings for the week of April 18:
Thursday, April 22, ��� ��������������� VCDC Executive Board Meeting�������������� �noon at VCDC Office.
Thursday, April 22��� ��������������� Junior Achievement Meeting��� ���������������� 3 p.m. at VCDC Office.
Thursday, April 22��� ��������������� VACF Board Meeting��������������������������������3:55 p.m. at library.
* Business Success Workshops � The University of Sioux Falls Center for Women Business Institute and Augustana College, in partnership with DIAL Learning Communities, is offering free workshops that are designed to assist rural business owners in obtaining business success.�� Thursday Nights from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at the University of South Dakota, School of Education, Room 110.�
* April 8 & 15 "Marketing"
* April 22 "Money (Accounting and Loans)"
* April 29 "Customer Service"���
Participants can pre-register to Bernard Schramm at 1-866-556-1778.
* 2004 New Membership � Thank you to those who have become new 2004 members this week: Livery Antiques & Collectibles, Roxi Miller, and Code2 Interactive. A special thank you to all of the 2003 members who have renewed for 2004 and to all of our new members for 2004!� We truly appreciate all of your support! If you would like more information on how to become a member of the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company please stop in to meet with us at 906 East Cherry Street or call 624-5571.�