Chamber Chat By Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Events
* Welcome Home Co. B 109th, Vermillion Medical Unit � We are thankful to have CO.B 109 back home and we are grateful for their dedicated service and safe return.
* United Way � The United Way of Vermillion is seeking nominations for board of director vacancies. If you are interested in becoming a member of the board or would like additional information, please contact Barb Campbell at 624-5354 prior to April 15.
* Celebration of Women � Saturday, April 17, 12:30 p.m. at Coyote Student Center � USD campus. Experience a "High Time at High Tea". Event includes an elegant three-course high tea, style show, entertainment and souvenir party favor.�Advance tickets purchased by contacting Nook n' Cranny at 624-4611 or e-mail email@example.com.
* FREE Identity Theft Seminar � Monday, April 19, 4 p.m. at the Vermillion High School Theatre. Get a head start before crime affects you. Speaker Robert Siciliano who has been featured on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Montel William, Maury Povich, Sally Jesse Raphael, and in The NY Times, Mademoiselle, and Good House Keeping. Sponsored by the Vermillion Financial Institutions, Mix 106.3 KVHT, and the Broadcaster/Plain Talk.�����
* Great Strides Program � The Sioux Valley/USD Wellness/Great Strides Program is having a GREAT response.� Contact Mary Merrigan if you are willing to donate a door or cash prize for the Completion Celebration at the end.
* "The Mammals of the Lewis & Clark Expedition: Undaunted Carnage?" � April 17, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at W. H. Over Museum. Dr. James Novak of the Missouri River Institute and Department of Biology. Lewis & Clark were pioneering naturalists. Among their contributions were the descriptions of many mammals unknown to science at that time.� Mammals played a key role in the success of the expedition as both food and a means of transport. Mammals will be discussed.�
* Austin Whittemore Antique Treasures Rummage Sale � May 1, 8 a.m. to noon, rain or shine at the Austin Whittemore House.� Call 624-8266 or 624-5267 to arrange for pick up or drop off your donation at the Austin Whittemore House at 15 Austin Street no later than April 27.�
Upcoming meetings for the week of April 11
* Monday, April 12����������� ��������������� � United Way Meeting,���������� ��������������� noon at the VCDC office.
* Wednesday, April 14��� ��������������� CVB Meeting, 2 p.m. at the VCDC office.
Retail Development & Promotions
* Golden Easter Egg Hunt � THE HUNT HAS BEGUN!� Stop by the sponsoring businesses to gather daily clues.� Broadcaster/Plain Talk, Candy Bouquet, Century 21, Chaney CorInsurance, Chickering Tax & Accounting, Civic Council, Clay-Union Electric, Coyote Comics, CorTrust Bank, Deb's Hallmark, Dollar Discount, First Dakota National Bank, First National Bank, Herren-Schempp, Holiday Inn Express, Hy-Vee, Jones' Ace Hardware, Jones' Food Center, Lowell Cook Construction, Mart Auto Body & Marina, McDonald's, Midwest Homes, Never Never Land, Nook n' Cranny, Pamida, Phase 2, Polaris, Rasmussen Motors, Sioux Valley Vermillion Medical Center, Total Flooring, True Value, University of South Dakota, Vermillion Ford, Vermillion Medical Clinic, Victorian West and Wells Fargo Bank. This promotion wouldn't be achievable without the support from the all of our sponsors!� Thank you!��
* Business Success Workshops � The University of Sioux Falls Center for Women Business Institute and Augustana College, in partnership with DIAL Learning Communities, is offering free workshops that are designed to assist rural business owners in obtaining business success.�� Thursday Nights from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at the University of South Dakota, School of Education, Room 110.�
* April 8 & 15 "Marketing"
* April 22 "Money (Accounting and Loans)"
* April 29 "Customer Service"���
Participants can pre-register to Bernard Schramm at 1-866-556-1778.