Chamber Chat By Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Events
* Austin Whittemore Ice Cream Social � Thursday, June 24, 5 to 7 p.m. at Austin Whittemore House on the south lawn. In case of inclement weather, social will be moved to the Eagles Lounge. Please join your neighbors and friends for an enjoyable evening.
* Midsommar at Dalesburg � Friday, June 25 at Dalesburg Lutheran Church. Afternoon program at 2 p.m. and evening program at 7 p.m. Don't miss out on this great event.
* Siouxland Kennel Club All Breed Dog Show & Obedience Show � Saturday, June 26 and Sunday, June 27. Help us welcome this show that has over 1,270 entries!
* Save your Treasures!!! Vermillion Fun Daze "Trash to Treasure" Rummage Sale � July 29 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., downtown Vermillion. If you are interested in having a rummage on July 29, please call our office for more details.
* Welcome Youth Business Adventure to Vermillion � Saturday, June 19 to Friday, June 25 at USD.
* July 4th Celebration at Barstow Park � July 4, 6 to 9 p.m. Please join us for games, fundraising events, concessions, music and FIREWORKS! Donations for fireworks are welcome!
* Clay County Fair � Aug.12-14. Don't miss any of the exciting events at the fair. Open Class Exhibits, Talent Show, Demolition Derby and Tractor Pull. To register, please pick up an entry form at Hy-Vee Food Store, Sturdevants, Rasmussen Motors or call the Clay County Fair Office at 677-7111.
* VCDC Golf Social � Tuesday, Aug. 17. Mark your calendar for this great event!! Look for more information to follow.
* Volunteers needed � We are looking for volunteers for the Clay County Fair. If you know of any organization interested in doing community service to help support this great event, please call our office at 624-5571.
Fourth of July Celebration � July 4.
Chautauqua � July 16-20.
National Night Out � Aug. 3.
Lewis & Clark 200th Anniversary � Aug. 25.
Lewis & Clark Festival � Aug. 28-29.
Great Dakota Wine Fest � Sept. 11-12.
Watch for more great events! Please contact the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company with your summer events at 624-5571.
Upcoming meetings for the week of June 20:
* Monday, June 21, United Way Meeting, noon at VCDC Office.
* Wednesday, June 23, University Village Meeting, 1 p.m. at VCDC Office.
* Thursday, June 24, VCDC Board Meeting, 11:45 a.m. at VCDC Office.
Retail Development & Promotions
* Chamber Open House and Ribbon Cutting � Wednesday, June 25, 5 to 7 p.m. Ribbon Cutting at 5:30 p.m. at Vermillion Vision Clinic, 7 East Main Street. Please help us welcome Dr. Amy DeJong and Vermillion Vision Clinic to our downtown!