South Dakotans can utilize new drought Web site Gov. Mike Rounds invites South Dakotans to use the new Governor's Drought Task Force Web site at http://www.state.sd.us/droughttaskforce as a resource to South Dakota's drought information.
Resources on the site include:
* South Dakota Drought Weekly Update.
* Drought Monitor.
* Agricultural Information.
* Fire Situation Information.
* Hydrology Information.
* Links to agency sites.
"We are closely monitoring South Dakota drought conditions, working to provide as much information and resources to those who need help the most," said Gov. Mike Rounds. "This Web site is just one example of how implementing this task force allows us to look for resources within our agencies, and to work together with state and federal agencies to generate a united plan of action during a drought emergency or disaster."
Agencies currently involved include:
* Department of Public Safety.
* Department of Agriculture.
* Governor's Office.
* Department of Game, Fish and Parks.
* Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
* Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
* Bureau of Information and Telecommunications.
The Drought Task Force's responsibilities include:
* Examining state and federal programs.
* Assembling and analyzing data.
* Creating a mechanism for monitoring the development and seriousness of the drought.
* Establishing a plan for drought damage assessment.
* Measuring the severity of the situation on the economic and social sectors of the state.