Chamber Chat by Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Events
* Matt Hollingsworth Memorial Golf Tournament � Saturday, July 24, four-person scramble at The Bluffs Golf Course. All proceeds go to the Vermillion EMS Association. Prizes and BBQ included. For more information contact 677-7058.
* Vermillion Transportation Public Input Meeting � Tuesday, July 27 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the William J. Radigan Fire/EMS Station.
* Bill Logue Benefit Pork Feed/Silent Auction � Wednesday, July 28 at St. Thomas More Parish, Brookings 5 to 8 p.m. Contributions may be sent to Bill Logue Benefit Fund, Wells Fargo Bank, 527 Main Ave., Brookings, SD 57006. For more information call 605-692-4361.
* Vermillion Fun Daze � July 29 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Downtown Vermillion. Sales on the sidewalks and fun on the streets! Craft vendors, "Trash to Treasures" Rummage, Kiddie/Pet Parade, Kids Arts and Crafts, Games, Petting Zoo sponsored by Eileen Stockland State Farm Insurance, Fishing Pond, EMS Dunk Tank, Flavor of Fun Daze, Entertainment and Pony Rides at the Hy-Vee parking lot sponsored by Hy-Vee, Vermillion Ford, Quality Motors and Rasmussen Motors.
* Clay County Fair � Aug. 12-14. Don't miss any of the exciting events at the fair. Open Class Exhibits, Talent Show, Demolition Derby, and Tractor Pull. To register please pick up an entry form at Hy-Vee Food Store, Sturdevants, Rasmussen Motors, or call the Clay County Fair Office at 677-7111.
* VCDC Golf Social � Tuesday, Aug. 17 at The Bluffs Golf Course. Please return registration form no later then Aug. 6. Mark your calendar for this great event!!
* 2004 SD MS150 "All American Ride" � Starts in Sioux Falls at 7 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 7, ending in Vermillion Sunday, Aug. 8. Open to riders of all ages, the MS150 Bike Tour takes cyclists on a scenic journey through the back roads of the Dakotas. For more information contact 605-336-7017.
* Leadership Vermillion 2005 � Leadership Vermillion is a nine-month leadership development program sponsored by the VCDC and the USD Farber Center for Civic Leadership. We are currently seeking nominations for participants for the upcoming fall class. If you know of someone interested in this opportunity, please forward the nomination to: Leadership Vermillion 2005, Dakota Hall, 414 East Clark Street, Vermillion; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; or call us at 624-5571. We are also seeking financial sponsors for the program. If you are interested in contributing, please call 624-5571 for more information.
* USD Camps Are Making An Impact � Special thanks to USD Athletic Director Joel Nielsen, Coach Dave Boots, Coach Chad Lavin, and Coach Ed Meierkort who have already completed or are in the process of completing athletic camps this summer that bring many visitors to our community. We appreciate your efforts and we see the economic impacts and benefits! For a complete listing of all camps and conferences scheduled this summer at USD, please call 624-5571 and we'll send you a schedule.
* Visit Vermillion Blitz � was held on Thursday at the I-29 Vermillion exit. We hosted visitors from New York, Texas, Washington, Wyoming, Missouri, and various other states. We successfully encouraged over 30 tourists to make the six mile drive into Vermillion to take advantage of merchant coupons and tourist attractions.
* Southeast S.D. Tourism Board � Congratulations to Heidi who has been elected to serve on the Southeast South Dakota Tourism Board. She will do a great job representing our community and the region.
* Heritage Ride/Run/Walk 2004 � Big Friends/Little Friends is in its seventh year of sponsoring a bike ride to raise funds for the Youth Mentoring Program on Saturday, Aug. 21, beginning at 7 a.m. in Elk Point and riding to Vermillion. To register please stop by our office to pick up a registration form or call John Gille at 356-2571.