Chamber Chat By Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Events
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch � Friday, July 2 at National Music Museum at noon. Larry Scully plays Beethoven Piano Sonatas on grand piano by Anton Martin Th�m, Vienna, ca. 1815. Open to the public and bring a brown bag lunch.
* Fourth of July Celebration at Barstow Park � July 4, 6 to 9 p.m. Please join us for games, fund-raising events, concessions, music and FIREWORKS! Donations for fireworks are welcome!
* Monday, July 5 � VCDC office will be closed!
* Save your Treasures!!! Vermillion Fun Daze "Trash to Treasure" Rummage Sale � July 29 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. downtown Vermillion. If you are interested in having a rummage on July 29, please call our office for more details.
* Chamber Open House and Ribbon Cutting � Wednesday, July 7, 5 to 7 p.m. Ribbon Cutting at 5:30 p.m. at One Stop Travel, 1 East Main Street. Please help us welcome them to our historical downtown!
* Clay County Fair � Aug. 12-14. Don't miss any of the exciting events at the fair. Open Class Exhibits, Talent Show, Demolition Derby and Tractor Pull. To register, please pick up an entry form at Hy-Vee Food Store, Sturdevants, Rasmussen Motors or call the Clay County Fair Office at 677-7111.
* VCDC Golf Social � Tuesday, Aug. 17. Mark your calendar for this great event!! Look for more information to follow.
* Volunteers needed � We are looking for volunteers for the Clay County Fair. If you know of any organization interested in doing community service to help support this great event, please call our office at 624-5571.
* Note (time changed) Merchant Committee Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, July 7 will start at 6:30 p.m. at the Mona Lisi.
* Sioux Valley Kennel Club Dog Show � The dog show this past weekend was a huge success! The weather cooperated, the facilities worked great, and the organizers and participants were very happy with Vermillion! Many people from all over the country were in town ? the hotels were full within a 45 mile radius and many visitors took advantage of shopping and dining in area establishments. We can look forward to another great show next year and beyond.
Fourth of July Celebration � July 4; Chautauqua � July 16-20; National Night Out � Aug. 3; 2004 SD MS 150 "All American Ride" � Aug. 7-8; Heritage Ride/Run/Walk 2004 � Aug. 21; Lewis & Clark 200th Anniversary � Aug. 25; Lewis & Clark Festival � Aug. 28-29; Great Dakota Wine Fest � Sept. 11-12.
Watch for more great events! Please contact the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company with your summer events at 624-5571.
Tuesday, July 6, United Way meeting, noon at VCDC office.