Chamber Chat by Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company
* Community Appreciation Day Sponsored by Quality Telemarketing – Friday, Aug. 27, 2 to 8 p.m. at 937 North Norbeck Street. Stop in and enjoy free games, food, and tours of the center.
* Coyote Bash – Monday, Aug. 30, noon to 2 p.m. An opportunity to welcome new USD students to downtown Vermillion! Weather permitting, merchants will have sidewalk sales. For more information, contact 624-5571.
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch – Friday, Sept. 3, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum at the corner of Clark and Yale Street on the campus of USD. Lewis & Clark: A Musical Voyage of Discovery. Enjoy fiddle, mandolin, guitar, harmonica, accordion, autoharp, seated clogging and vocal performance by Paul and Win Grace of Columbia, MO.
* Great Dakota Wine Festival – Saturday, Sept. 11 and Sunday, Sept. 12. Live music, bicycle race, food, golf, canoe trips, tours, car show, 10K race, USD football, wine stomp, wine tasting and many other events throughout the community. Enjoy a world of fun in one weekend. For more information contact the VCDC office at 624-5571. You can also purchase tickets for the event online at www.vermillonchamber.com.
* Attention Merchants! � We are encouraging all merchants to remain open on Sunday, Sept. 12 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the Great Dakota Wine Festival. We are expecting thousands of people to come to Vermillion for the weekend, and this would be a great opportunity to showcase your business. We are also encouraging merchants to provide a discount to all attendees of the festival who will be wearing a wristband for the weekend.
* Retailer Excellence Award � Congratulations to Gloria Christopherson, owner of Nook 'n Cranny for receiving the Retailer Excellence Award sponsored by Gifts & Decorative Accessories magazine. Gloria traveled to New York recently to accept this national award in recognition of successfully promoting the Nook 'n Cranny through the Celebration of Women Event. Congratulations, Gloria, and thanks for all you do to help promote Vermillion!
* VCDC Annual Golf Social was held on Tuesday, Aug. 17. Thanks to all of the participants, sponsors, The Bluffs staff, and Bunyan's for helping to make this event a huge success!
* 2004 Vermillion Lewis and Clark Festival
8 a.m. � Hike to Spirit Mound from the Vermillion River. $30 registration, please contact the W.H. Over Museum at 605-677-5228.
10 a.m. � Bus trip to Spirit Mound.
Noon � Craft tables around museum.
Noon � Indian tacos.
1 p.m. � Story telling and pow wow starts, grand entry. Dr. Wayne Evans, announcer and Jerome Kills Small, arena director.
2 p.m. � Intertribal songs.
3 p.m. � Special dances.
4 p.m. � Potato dance and intertribal dancing.
5 to 7 p.m. � Buffalo feed on the W.H. Over grounds.
7 p.m. to dusk � Intertribal and Friendship dancing. Rabbit dances and Round dances by Jerome and Nancy.
8 a.m. � Welcome to the sun, time of prayer and giving thanks.
Noon � Indian tacos and opening of craft tables.
1 p.m. � Pow wow grand entry and traditional formalities.
2 p.m. � Intertribal songs and dances.
3 p.m. � Flute music.
4 p.m. � Honoring songs.
5 p.m. � Thanksgiving and farewells.
6 p.m. � Formal closing.
5 to 7 p.m. � Traditional soup supper.
Bus trips on Saturday, Aug. 28 � 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Bus trips on Sunday, Aug. 29 � 2 p.m.
* Monday, Aug. 25 � Development meeting, noon at the VCDC office.
* Wednesday, Sept. 1 � University Village meeting, 1 p.m. at theVCDC office.