Chamber Chat by the Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Events
* Senior Center Annual Rummage Sale � Stop by for treats and treasures Saturday, Aug. 21, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Senior Center, 320 West Main Street. For more information please contact 624-8072.
* Heritage Ride/Run/Walk 2004 � Big Friends/Little Friends is in its seventh year of sponsoring a bike ride to raise funds for the Youth Mentoring Program on Saturday, Aug. 21 beginning at 7 a.m. in Elk Point and riding to Vermillion. To register please stop by our office to pick up a registration form or call John Gille at 356-2571.
* City of Vermillion listening appointments available � Mayor Dan Christopherson and City Manager Jim Patrick host second Monday of the month listening appointments. Citizens should call Joanne Tolsma at 677-7050 to schedule appointments with either Dan or Jim between 4 and 6 p.m. on the second Mondays. Both men are willing to meet with citizens any other time as well, but the second Monday is specifically set as a time to visit with residents about any topic of concern or interest.
* Celebrate the Lewis and Clark Bicentennial Aug. 25. The event will be held at Spirit Mound. In case of rain, talks and crafts will take place at the W. H. Over Museum.
August 28-29 is the Lewis and Clark Festival at the W. H. Over Museum. Crafts, food, a hike to Spirit Mound, a pow wow, music and stories are scheduled. For more information contact 677-5228.
* Great Dakota Wine Festival � Saturday, Sept. 11 and Sunday, Sept. 12. Live music, bicycle race, food, golf, canoe trips, tours, car show, 10K race, USD football, wine stomp, wine tasting and many other events throughout the community. Enjoy a world of fun in one weekend. For more information contact the VCDC office at 624-5571 or www.vermillonchamber.com.
* Attention Merchants! � We are encouraging all merchants to remain open on Sunday, Sept. 12 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the Great Dakota Wine Festival. We are expecting thousands of people to come to Vermillion for the weekend, and this would be a great opportunity to showcase your business. We are also encouraging merchants to provide a discount to all attendees of the festival who will be wearing a wristband for the weekend.
* Coyote Bash � Monday, Aug. 30 from noon to 2 p.m. An opportunity to welcome new USD students to downtown Vermillion! Weather permitting, merchants will have sidewalk sales. For more information contact 624-5571.
oming meetings for the week of Aug. 15, 2004:
Thursday, Aug. 26 � VCDC Board meeting, noon at the VCDC office.