Chamber Chat by Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company
* Fall Crazy Days Downtown Vermillion � Thursday, Sept. 23, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Rake in the savings in downtown Vermillion at these participating stores: Candy Bouquet/Doo Wop Shake Shop, Coyote Comics, Dallas Jewelry, Deb's Hallmark, Fullerton's Lumber, Hollywood Video, Last Stop CD Stop, Main Street Books, Much A Do, Never Never Land, Nook 'n Cranny, Pressing Matters Print & Copy, True Value Hardware, Sharing The Dream and Victorian West.
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch "East of Westerville" � Friday, Sept. 24, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum at the corner of Clark and Yale Street on the campus of USD. Enjoy Brian Bondaa, Kaija Bondaa and friends. Free and open to public! For more information contact 677-5306.
* River Stock 2004 Farewell to Summer Celebration � Missouri River Expeditions LLC will be hosting an open house along the banks of the Missouri River Saturday, Sept. 25 starting at 3 p.m. Live music by T. Wilson King and Friends. Food, fun and shuttle available. Donations will be accepted and appreciated. Moonlight Limousine will be running continuously from Main and Market from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. for a small fee of $3 one way and $5 round trip. Bring your own beverages, coolers, friends, lawn chairs, and camping gear if you want to spend the night along the banks. Absolutely no minors after 8 p.m.; no exceptions! For more information contact 605-267-2671 or 605-360-2646.
* Sioux Valley Vermillion Medical Center Annual Ice Cream Social � Tuesday, Sept. 28, 5 to 7 p.m. at 125 Walker Street, Care Center Courtyard. Please join us for food, fun and games. Open to the public. Free will offering. For more information contact 624-2611.
* Suzy Boggus Concert coming to Vermillion � Friday, Oct. 1, 7 p.m. at the Eagle's Club. To purchase tickets or for more information contact the Eagle's Club at 624-9934.
* Dakota Days Celebration, Saturday, Oct. 2. This year's theme is "Oh, The Places U.'ll Go"! For business window painting or float registration contact 677-5334 or log on to www.usd.edu/ddays.
* 10 a.m. � D-Days Parade begins at Main and Washington. Ending at Plum and Clark.
* 2 p.m. � USD Coyotes vs. Augustana Vikings.
* The Vermillion Area Arts Council Presents "Chili Blues" � Saturday, Oct. 2, 6 p.m., at 202 Washington Street. Tickets available at the door or Nook 'n Cranny. For more information contact 624-5444.
* Celebration of Women Festival � Friday, Oct. 8, 7:30 a.m. at the USD Coyote Student Center and Saturday, Oct. 9, noon at the USD Coyote Student Center. Picture the ultimate girl's weekend retreat, or a fantasy getaway you've dreamed of, and you'll have an idea what the "Celebration of Women 2004" will be! For ticket or information contact Nook 'n Cranny at 624-4611 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Appearing in Sletwold Hall at the W. H. Over Museum "A Clay County Retrospective � Historic Photographs of the Territorial and Early Statehood Period." The photographs and objects have been selected to tell the story of our area using the criteria of uniqueness and diversity of subjects. It will continue through Sunday, Oct. 31. For further information please contact Dorothy at 677-5228.
* United Way 2004 Volunteer of the Year Award � United Way is seeking nominations for 2004 volunteer of the year. If you would like to nominate someone for this year's award please pick up a form at Hy-Vee Food Store or the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company. For more information contact Bonnie at 624-5354
Upcoming meetings for the week of Sept. 26:
* Thursday, Sept. 23, VCDC board meeting, noon at the VCDC office.