Chamber Chat by the Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Events
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch presents "Am I Born to Die: An Appalachian Songbook" � Friday, Sept. 17, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum at the corner of Clark and Yale Street on the campus of USD. Mason Brown and Chipper Thompson from Taos, NM.
* Saint Jude's Bike-A-Thon Benefit Ride � Sunday, Sept. 19, 1:30 p.m.. Registration begins at 12:30 p.m. at Jolley School. Various prizes will be awarded with a bike and CD awarded for the collection of the most contributions. Walker and joggers are welcome!
* The 15th Annual Red Road Gathering � The Gathering is Thursday, Sept. 16 through Saturday, Sept. 18 at the Clay County 4-H Center in Vermillion, beginning at 8 a.m., with sessions running throughout the evening. Arnold Thomas, M.S.W. Shoshone-Paiute, will open the event with his personal suicide survival story at 8:30 a.m. Thursday. For more information on the Red Road Gathering, to register, or to view a tentative agenda, visit the Web site http://usd.edu/redroad or call the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Studies Department at 677-5386.
* The Living River Group of the Sierra Club and the W. H. Over Museum invite you to the following free event, Sunday, Sept. 19, 11 a.m. Naturalist Julie Stelling will take us on a nature outing at Ponca State Park. For further information call 677-5228, W. H. Over Museum or Dean Spader at 624-6831.
* Suzy Boggus concert coming to Vermillion � Friday, Oct. 1, 7 p.m. at the Eagles Lodge. To purchase tickets or for more information contact the Eagles Lodge at 624-9934.
* The Vermillion Area Arts Council Presents "Chili Blues" � Oct. 2, 6 p.m. at 202 Washington Street. Tickets available at the door or Nook 'n Cranny. For more information contact 624-5444.
* Celebration of Women Festival � Friday, Oct. 8, 7:30 a.m. at the USD Coyote Student Center and Saturday, Oct. 9, noon at the USD Coyote Student Center. Picture the ultimate girl's weekend retreat, or a fantasy getaway you've dreamed of, and you'll have an idea what the "Celebration of Women 2004" will be! For ticket or information contact Nook 'n Cranny at 624-4611 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Fall Crazy Days Downtown Vermillion � Thursday, Sept. 23, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Rake in the savings downtown Vermillion at these participating stores: Candy Bouquet/Doo Wop Shake Shop, Coyote Comics, Dallas Jewelry, Deb's Hallmark, Fullerton's Lumber, Hollywood Video, Last Stop CD Stop, Main Street Books, Much A Do, Never Never Land, Nook 'n Cranny, Pressing Matters Print & Copy, True Value Hardware, Sharing The Dream and Victorian West.
* Vermillion City Hall � Executive Summary Presentation of Space Needs Assessment � Monday, Sept. 20, 7 p.m. during the Vermillion City Council Meeting at City Hall, 25 Center Street. After holding public input sessions and several meetings with the City Hall Citizen's Advisory Committee, a Space Needs Assessment was developed and will be presented to the city council. The public is invited to attend the meeting or to watch the meeting on TV on Channel 3 to learn more about the status of these efforts.
* Great Dakota Wine Festival � Our thanks go out to everyone that helped make this year's First Great Dakota Wine Festival a magnificent event! We have heard many wonderful compliments about all of the activities that were going on and we hope to continue to grow in the years to come. Thanks again, we couldn't have done it with out your support and help!!
Monday, Sept. 20, United Way meeting, noon at the VCDC office.
Thursday, Sept. 23, VCDC executive board meeting, noon at the VCDC office.