Chamber Chat Upcoming events
* Great Dakota Wine Festival � Saturday, Sept. 11 and Sunday, Sept. 12. Live music by Poker Alice, T. Wilson King and the Pain Killers, Robert Fine, Rude Awakening. More great events include golf, canoe trips, tours, wine stomp, wine tasting and many other events throughout the community. Enjoy a world of fun in one weekend. For more information contact the VCDC office at 624-5571. You can also purchase tickets for the event on line at www.vermillionchamber.com.
* Siouxland India Cultural Association in collaboration with USD Program Council present "Gajamukha Musical Temple Dance Ballet of India" � Sunday, Sept. 12, 7 p.m. at the Vermillion High School Performing Arts Center. The performance will portray the story of Elephant Headed Lord Ganesha. Please join us for an authentic Indian meal before the show at 5:30 p.m. in the Vermillion High School Commons. For tickets contact 624-8005, 677-5549 or 677-6742.
* Lewis & Clark Spirit Mound 10K Race to benefit the W. H. Over Museum of Nature & History � Saturday, Sept. 11. Registration begins at 6:30 a.m. in the parking lot of Hwy. 50 and Hwy. 19. Race starts at 8 a.m. with a smudging ceremony to be performed following the race.
* Bicycle Ride � Saturday, Sept. 11. There will be a 35 mile or 15 mile route for you to choose. The 15 mile portion will take you to Spirit Mound and the 35 mile will take you over the Newcastle/Vermillion Bridge to a Lewis and Clark campsite. To register contact Kevin Brady at 624-5123 or email@example.com. Proceeds support the MS Society.
* 11th Annual Bull-A-Rama � Sunday, Sept. 12, 2 p.m at the Clay County Arena.
* Dakota Classic Cruisers Car Show � Sunday, Sept. 12 noon to 4 p.m., downtown Vermillion.
* USD Football Game � Saturday, Sept. 11, 2 p.m. at the Dakota Dome. USD Coyotes vs. Minnesota State, Moorehead. For ticket info contact 677-5959.
* Attention Merchants! � We are encouraging all merchants to remain open on Sunday, Sept. 12 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the Great Dakota Wine Festival. We are expecting thousands of people to come to Vermillion for the weekend, and this would be a great opportunity to showcase your business. We are also encouraging merchants to provide a discount to all attendees of the festival who will be wearing a wristband for the weekend.
* The Spitfire Grill will be performed by the Omaha Community Theatre Caravan � Friday, Sept. 10, and Saturday, Sept. 11 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 12 at a 2 p.m. matinee. Tickets for this delightful professional production can be purchased at Nook 'n Cranny, Vermillion Beauty Shop, Davis Pharmacy and at the door. Pick up your tickets today!
* VCDC cordially invites you to attend a "Wine & Cheese Social" � Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the National Music Museum. Please join us in supporting and showing our appreciation for the National Music Museum and to provide an opportunity for fellowship and networking. Cost is $5 per person with proceeds supporting the National Music Museum. Please RSVP by Friday, Sept. 10 to 624-5571 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Suzy Bogguss concert coming to Vermillion � Friday, Oct. 1 at the Eagle Lodge. To purchase tickets or for more information contact the Eagles at 624-9934.
Monday, Sept. 13, Streetscape Meeting, 4 p.m. at city hall.
Thursday, Sept. 16, VACF meeting, 4 p.m. at the Vermillion Public Library.