Chamber Chat by Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Events
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch presents "Lewis & Clark: A Musical Voyage of Discovery" Friday, Sept. 3, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum on the corner of Clark and Yale Street on the campus of USD. Enjoy fiddle, mandolin, guitar, harmonica, accordion, autoharp, seated clogging and vocal performance by Paul and Win Grace of Columbia, MO.
* "Taste Of Vermillion" 2005 United Way Campaign Kick-Off � Come celebrate with your neighbors Wednesday, Sept. 8, 5:30 p.m. at the Vermillion Senior Citizen Center, 320 West Main Street. Help launch our 2005 campaign and enjoy the hospitality of Vermillion's area restaurants at no charge.
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Presents "From Paris With Love" Friday, Sept. 10, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum. Enjoy music composed by Mozart and others in Paris at the time Thomas Jefferson was there. John Thompson and Susanne Skyrm, violin and fortepiano.
* Great Dakota Wine Festival � Saturday, Sept. 11 and Sunday, Sept. 12. Live music, bicycle race, food, golf, canoe trips, tours, car show, USD football, wine stomp, wine tasting and many other events throughout the community. Enjoy a world of fun in one weekend. For more information contact the VCDC office at 624-5571. You can also purchase tickets for the event online at www.vermillonchamber.com.
* Lewis & Clark Spirit Mound 10k Race to Benefit the W. H. Over Museum of Nature & History � Saturday, Sept. 11. Registration begins at 6:30 a.m. in the parking lot of Faith Fellowship Church at the intersection of Hwy. 50 and Hwy. 19. Race starts at 8 a.m. with a smudging ceremony to be performed following the race.
* Attention merchants! We are encouraging all merchants to remain open on Sunday, Sept. 12 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the Great Dakota Wine Festival. We are expecting thousands of people to come to Vermillion for the weekend, and this would be a great opportunity to showcase your business. We are also encouraging merchants to provide a discount to all attendees of the festival who will be wearing a wristband for the weekend.
* Spitfire Grill will be performed by the Omaha Community Theatre Caravan Friday, Sept. 10, and Saturday, Sept. 11 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 12 at 2 p.m. Tickets for this delightful professional production can be purchased at Nook 'n Cranny, Vermillion Beauty Shop, Davis Pharmacy and at the door. Pick up your tickets today!
* VCDC cordially invites you to attend a Wine & Cheese Social Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the National Music Museum. Please join us in supporting and showing our appreciation for the National Music Museum and to provide an opportunity for fellowship and networking. The cost is $5 per person, with proceeds supporting the National Music Museum. Please RSVP by Friday, Sept. 10 to 624-5571 or e-mail tinaharnois@vermillion chamber.com.
* Big Friends-Little Friends Needs Volunteers � There is a big need for volunteers in Vermillion as there are boys and girls waiting for an adult mentor. Kobe, Brendan and Dallas are in Vermillion, and would like to spend several hours a week with an adult male. Volunteers 18 years old and older are encouraged to call John Gille at 356-2571 evenings, or email email@example.com for more information and an application form. Be a volunteer, and be a role model for one of our area youth.
* Lewis & Clark Festival was held Aug. 25, 28, and 29. Congratulations to the W.H. Over Museum for a successful event!
* Coyote Bash was held on Monday, Aug. 30. New freshman students were escorted downtown and were welcomed to our community with a lunch and prize drawings. It's a great opportunity to expose USD students to our area businesses. Thanks to all who participated.
* Welcome Masaba � Vermillion is pleased to welcome Masaba Mining Equipment to our community! We're looking forward to a great partnership with Masaba.
The VCDC office will be closed Monday, Sept. 6 for Labor Day.