Chamber Chat by Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company
* Brown Bag Lunch � Masterpieces for Strings, featuring the Euclid String Quartet on Friday, Oct. 29, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum. Free and open to the public. For more information contact the National Music Museum at 677-5306.
* Murder at the Midnight Hour �The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company is hosting a mystery dinner theater as a fund raiser on Friday, Oct. 29 starting at 7 p.m. at Pro's. The mystery features talented actors from local businesses: Monica Iverson, Jim Waters, Gary DeJong, Jenny French, Jon Robertson, Erin Conlon, Teresa Gilbertson, Mary Vlasman, Kurt Kuiper, Brent Yager, Dave Hertz and Eldon Nygaard. Tickets are $25 each or two for $40. Attendees are welcome to dress up in costumes (the setting is the late '60s) and prizes will be awarded. Come and join us for an evening of fun and mystery solving!
* Free Saturday Class � The W. H Over invites you to pumpkin carving and decorating with Maxine Johnson on Saturday, Oct. 30 from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Pumpkins donated by Morse's Market. The event is free and children must be accompanied by a parent.
* Customer Service Workshop � Wednesday, Nov. 3, 1 to 4 p.m., and Wednesday, Dec. 8, 8 to 11 p.m. at the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company, 906 East Cherry St. Registration fee for class is $39. Set your company apart this holiday season by developing an empowered workforce who knows how to "sell superior service." Your employees will return to your company exhibiting pride and professionalism in their service roles, ready to exceed your customers' expectations. For more information or to register contact 605-665-3480.
Co-sponsored by South Dakota Career Center, Southeast Job Link, and the new Regional Technical Education Center (RTEC) located in Yankton. Don't miss this opportunity to enhance the skills of your employees and your business.
* Vermillion Transportation Study Public Input Meeting � Thursday, Nov. 4, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Vermillion Public library, 18 Church Street. A formal presentation will be given at 7:45 p.m. with opportunities to review project materials before and after the presentation. All interested persons are invited to participate in this meeting. Requests for special facilities to assist disabled persons should be received prior to Nov. 1. Comments or requests for special facilities should be directed to Bill Welk 677-7083 or Shannon Schultz 323-2306.
* United Way 2004 Volunteer of the Year Award � United Way is seeking nominations for the 2004 volunteer of the year. If you would like to nominate someone for this year's award please pick up a form at Hy-Vee Food Store or the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company. For more information contact Bonnie at 624-5354.
* Election Day is Tuesday, November 2. Don't forget to get out and vote!
Monday, Nov. 1, United Way meeting, noon at VCDC Office.
Wednesday, Nov. 3, Leadership Vermillion meeting, 7:30 a.m. at Cherry Street Grille.
Wednesday, Nov. 3, merchant meeting, 6 p.m. at Cherry Street Grille.