Chamber Chat By Vermillion Area Chamber Development Company Events
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch presents "Klezmer Klarinet, Take Two" Featuring Deborah Check Reeves and John David Check, Friday, Oct. 15, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum .
* USD Football � The University of South Dakota vs. St. Cloud State at the DakotaDome in Vermillion at 2 p.m. For ticket information contact 677-5309. Go Yotes!
* University Theater Presents The Tragedy of Julius Caesar � Wednesday, Oct. 20- 23, 8 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 24, 2 p.m. at the Wayne S. Knutson Theater. This towering classic contains some of Shakespeare's most memorable and eloquent speeches as he brilliantly examines the themes of ambition, loyalty and guilt. For ticket information or reservations contact 677-5400.
* Business After Hours Ribbon Cutting � Thursday, Oct. 21, 5 to 7 p.m. Kalin's Indoor Comfort is pleased to announce the grand opening of their newly remodeled Hearth Shop and Fireplace Showroom at 710 Cottage Avenue in Vermillion. Special grand opening values up to $250 are available from each manufacturer for this event.
* "Rally Volunteers for Campaign 2005" � United Way of Vermillion's annual fund- raising drive will be held Wednesday, Oct. 20 at 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 23 at 8:30 a.m. in the Heritage Room at the USD Foundation, 1110 N. Dakota St. All interested volunteers are invited to this short motivational and information gathering session to help with the fund raiser to exceed this year's goal of $85,000. You Matter! when it comes to United Way of Vermillion.
* Vermillion Medical Clinic 10th Anniversary Open House � Monday, Oct. 25, 4 to 6 p.m. at the Vermillion Medical Center, 101 South Plum.
* "Murder at the Midnight Hour" � The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company is hosting a mystery dinner theater as a fundraiser on Friday, Oct. 29 starting at 7 p.m. at Pro's. Tickets are $25 each or two for $40. Please RSVP prior to Oct. 22. Attendees are welcome to dress up in costumes (the setting is the late '60s) and prizes will be awarded. Come and join us for an evening of fun and mystery solving!
* Appearing in Sletwold Hall at the W. H. Over Museum "A Clay County Retrospective," historic photographs of the territorial and early statehood period. The photographs and objects have been selected to tell the story of our area using the criteria of uniqueness and diversity of subjects. It will continue through Sunday, Oct. 31.
For further information please contact Dorothy at 677-5228.
* United Way 2004 Volunteer of the Year Award � United Way is seeking nominations for the 2004 volunteer of the year. If you would like to nominate someone for this year's award please pick up a form at Hy-Vee Food Store or the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company. For more information contact Bonnie at 624-5354.
* Welcome T.R.L. Company � We are pleased to welcome T.R.L. Company to Vermillion! T.R.L. Company designs and manufactures equipment for the agriculture and mineral processing industries. The company will initially employ several engineers and technical personnel. They plan to construct their R & D facility in the Erickson Industrial Park and expect to be operational late this year.
* Upcoming meetings for the week of Oct. 17:
Monday, Oct. 18, United Way meeting, noon at the VCDC office.
Thursday, Oct. 21, VCDC Executive Board Meeting, 11:45 a.m. at the VCDC office.