Chamber Chat by Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Upcoming events
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch presents "Surviving Pennsylvania-German Organs," featuring Philip T. D. Cooper honoring Jack Noble's 60 years as organist at United Church of Christ on Friday, Oct. 8, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum on the corner of Clark and Yale St. on the campus of USD. Free and open to public! For more information contact 677-5306.
* Celebration of Women Festival, Friday, Oct. 8, 7:30 a.m. at the USD Coyote Student Center and Saturday, Oct. 9, noon, at the USD Coyote Student Center. Picture the ultimate girl's weekend retreat, or a fantasy getaway you've dreamed of, and you'll have an idea what the "Celebration of Women 2004" will be! For tickets or information contact Nook 'n Cranny at 624-4611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* First Dakota National Bank's third annual Office Chair Grand Prix Fund Raiser, Thursday, Oct. 14, 5:15 p.m. at the parking lot of First Dakota National Bank. Sponsorship fee is $25 per chair and proceeds go towards Vermillion's EMT/Ambulance Dept. and prizes. Don't miss out on the fun and a chance to donate to a wonderful cause! For more information contact 624-5555.
* The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company, Buffalo Run Winery and Pi Sigma Epsilon cordially invite you to attend "An Evening of Opportunity," Thursday, Oct. 14 at Buffalo Run Winery, 1500 West Main St. Wine and cheese social starts at 7 p.m. with the featured speaker at 7:30 p.m. and student silent auction 8 p.m. The speaker is from the Sales and Marketing Executives International � Sioux Falls Branch. Tickets will be $5 at the door. For more information or to RSVP please contact 624-5571.
* Business After Hours ribbon cutting, Thursday, Oct. 21 5-7 p.m. Kalins Indoor Comfort is pleased to announce the grand opening of its newly remodeled Hearth Shop and Fireplace Showroom at 710 Cottage Ave. in Vermillion. Special grand opening values up to $250 are available from each manufacturer for this event.
* "Rally Volunteers for Campaign 2005" � United Way of Vermillion's annual fund-raising kick-off will be held Wednesday, Oct. 20 at 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 23 at 8:30 a.m. in the Heritage Room at the USD Foundation, 1110 N. Dakota St. All interested volunteers are invited to this short motivational and information-gathering session to help with the fund raiser to exceed this year's goal of $85,000. You matter! When it comes to United Way of Vermillion.
* Appearing in Sletwold Hall at the W. H. Over Museum "A Clay County Retrospective � Historic Photographs of the Territorial and Early Statehood Period." The photographs and objects have been selected to tell the story of our area using the criteria of uniqueness and diversity of subjects. It will continue through Sunday, Oct. 31. For further information please contact Dorothy at 677-5228.
* United Way 2004 Volunteer of the Year Award � United Way is seeking nominations.
for the 2004 volunteer of the year. If you would like to nominate someone for this year's award please pick up a form at Hy-Vee Food Store or the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company. For more information contact Bonnie at 624-5354.
Native American Day
The VCDC office will be closed Oct. 11 in support of Native American Day.