SDPB will host opening night South Dakota Public Broadcasting is inviting the public to attend its "Opening Night: Fall Program Kickoff Party" on Wednesday, Oct. 6 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the SDPB Television studio in the Al Neuharth Media Center.
Party-goers will get a chance to preview great new programs
coming to SDPB TV this fall, from the blockbuster series Broadway: The American Musical to local productions like Dakota Life and South Dakota
Desserts and beverages will be served and the USD Theatre Department will provide live entertainment.
by Vermillion Area
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Presents "French Treasures for Harpsichord" � Featuring Timothy Schmidt from Waldorf College on Friday, Oct. 1, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum. Free and open to public! For more information contact 677-5306.
* Dedication of the Belbas Center � Friday, Oct. 1, at 11 a.m. The Belbas Center is located near Old Main on the USD campus. Public is welcome to attend!
* Suzy Boggus concert coming to Vermillion � Friday, Oct. 1, 7 p.m. at the Eagles Lodge. To purchase tickets or for more information contact the Eagles Lodge at 624-9934.
* Dakota Days Celebration Saturday, Oct. 2 � Come on down to historical downtown and enjoy the annual Dakota Day Parade!
10 a.m. � D-Days Parade begins at Main and Washington and ends at Plum and Clark.
2 p.m. � USD Coyotes vs. Augustana Vikings.
* The Vermillion Area Arts Council Presents "Chili Blues" � Saturday, Oct. 2, 6 p.m. at 202 Washington Street. Tickets available at the door or Nook 'n Cranny. For more information contact 624-5444.
* W. H. Over Museum with The Living River Group of the Sierra Club and Barbara Yelverton present "Bike Ride to Newcastle via Turkey Creek Road" � Sunday, Oct. 3. Riders will be departing the Nebraska boat dock at 10:30 a.m. Mileage to Newcastle from boat dock is 7.2 miles. For more information contact Dean Spader at 624-6831 or the W. H. Over Museum 677-5228.
* Vermillion Light & Power Customer Appreciation Day � Tuesday, Oct. 5 at 115 West Duke Street. Enjoy a free lunch from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Register to win an electric char-broil grill and other great prizes.
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Presents "Surviving Pennsylvania-German Organs" � Featuring Philip T. D. Cooper honoring Jack Noble's 60 years as organist at United Church of Christ � Friday, Oct. 8, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum. Free and open to public! For more information contact 677-5306.
* Celebration of Women Festival � Friday, Oct. 8, 7:30 a.m. at the USD Coyote Student Center and Saturday, Oct. 9, noon at the USD Coyote Student Center. For tickets or information contact Nook 'n Cranny at 624-4611 or email email@example.com.
* First Dakota National Bank Third Annual Office Chair Grand Prix Fund Raiser � Thursday, Oct. 14, 5:15 p.m. at the bank parking lot. Sponsorship fee is $25 per chair and proceeds will go towards Vermillion's EMT/ Ambulance Dept and prizes. For information call 624-5555.
* Appearing in Sletwold Hall at the W. H. Over Museum "A Clay County Retrospective � Historic Photographs of the Territorial and Early Statehood Period." It will continue through Sunday, Oct. 31. For further information please contact Dorothy at 677-5228.
* United Way 2004 Volunteer of the Year Award � United Way is seeking nominations for the 2004 volunteer of the year. If you would like to nominate someone for this year's award please pick up a form at Hy-Vee Food Store or the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company. For more information contact Bonnie at 624-5354.
The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company, Buffalo Run Winery and Pi Sigma Epsilon Cordially invite you to attend "An Evening of Opportunity" � Thursday, Oct. 14 at Buffalo Run Winery 1500 West Main St. Wine and cheese social starts at 7 p.m. with the featured speaker at 7:30 p.m. and student silent auction 8 p.m. Tickets will be $5 at the door. For more information contact 624-5571.
Monday, Oct. 4 � United Way Meeting, noon at VCDC Office.
Tuesday, Oct. 5 � Growing Vermillion Meeting, 7:15 a.m. at Hy-Vee dining area.
Wednesday, Oct. 6 � Merchant Meeting, 6 p.m. at Cherry Street Grille.