Chamber Chat by the Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company
* Vermillion's Senior Citizen Center Bazaar � Saturday, Nov. 20, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Vermillion Senior Citizen Center. Stop in and enjoy shopping, baked goodies, homemade soups, and fun! Vendors' spots are still available. For more information contact 624-8072.
* United Way of Vermillion presents "A Celebration of Johnny Cash," Saturday, Nov. 20, 7 p.m. at the Vermillion High School Performing Arts Center. The performance features John McNeill, Susan McNeill, Owen DeJong and Nick Schwebach. Tickets are available at Nook 'n Cranny or the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce. For more information contact 624-5571. This is a great show and an opportunity for attendees to help support those in our community who benefit from the efforts of the United Way and their agencies.
* Santa's Workshop � Saturday, Nov. 20, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Vermillion Armory hosted by the Vermillion Jaycees. Local independent consultants will be available with products to view and order. For more information contact Tammy Davis at 624-4135.
* Williams and Ree Live at the Eagles � Saturday, Nov. 27. Two show times, at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tickets are available at the Eagles, 114 West Main or call 624-9934 or 624-9644.
* University Theater Presents Noise Off � Dec. 1-4 at 8 p.m., and Dec. 5 at 2 p.m. at the Wayne S. Knutson Theater. Noise Off chronicles the onstage and back stage shenanigans of a marginally talented acting company that first rehearses and then performs Nothing On, a farce that will have you clutching your sides in joyous laughter. The theater really does go on ? even when the show falls apart. For ticket information or reservations contact 677-5400.
Come Home for
the Holidays ? Come Home to Vermillion
Friday, Dec. 3
Vermillion will be set aglow Friday, Dec. 3 at 6 p.m. with the first annual lighting of the city's official Christmas tree and downtown Vermillion's decorative lights. Christmas carolers and hot chocolate will be mingling in the air. Cozy scarves and hats frame rosy cheeks and excited laughter fills the streets. Don't miss this enchanting celebration!
Draw from Santa's "Bag of Bucks" give away. From $500 to $1000 in gift certificates to be given away from participating businesses immediately following the switching of the lights. Certificates can be used the month of December. Must be at least 18 to participate.
Supper with Santa is from 6:15 to 7:30 p.m. at Senior Citizen Center. Kids of all ages are invited to have supper with Santa while parents take advantage of this time to enjoy the wonderful shopping in Vermillion. Crafts and entertainment will be provided. Children 10 and under free.
The Candlelight Tour of Homes is set from 6 to 9 p.m. Discover the magic of "Christmas Toyland" in Vermillion. At 7:30 p.m. stop at the Austin-Whittemore House for refreshments and fellowship. Call 624-8266 for more info. Tickets are $15 and are available at Austin-Whittemore, Nook 'n Cranny, Vermillion Beauty Shop, Deb's Hallmark and the Vermillion Chamber.
Stores will be open until 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 4
11 a.m. � Story time with Santa at the Vermillion Public Library.
1 and 3 p.m. � Free movie at the Vermillion Theatre.
Stores open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
1 to 4:30 p.m. � 37th Annual W.H. Over Christmas Festival. Crafts, music, exhibits of members, bake sale.
6 to 8 p.m. � Community Tour of Lights. Bring the entire family and admire the beautiful lights of the Vermillion area by bus. The charge is $1 per person. Meet at Latte Da at 853 Cherry Street and enjoy hot chocolate and Christmas cookies.
Stores open from 12 to 5 p.m.
Upcoming meetings for the week of Nov. 21
Monday, Nov. 22 � United Way Meeting, noon at the VCDC office.
Monday, Nov. 22 � University Village Meeting, 1 p.m. at the VCDC office.
Our office will be closed Thursday, Nov. 25 and Friday, Nov. 26. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving Day!