Chamber Chat by Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company
* Jones' Food Center/Jones' Ace Hardware and select Vermillion merchants Holiday Showcase, Wednesday, Nov. 17, 4 to 8 p.m. at Jones' Food Center. Showcase includes many holiday related items you need to make this year's holiday the best! Stop in to register for great prizes and get your picture taken with Santa!
* Home Buyer Express � Carol Voss-Ward from Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS) of Lutheran Social Services will present this educational seminar on Thursday, Nov. 18 from 6 to 9 p.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church. Topics include available programs to help middle- and low-income South Dakota residents buy a home, credit issues, and calculating how much you can afford. This seminar is free and open to the public. For more information or to register, call 1-888-258-2227.
* The South Dakota High School Football Playoffs are being held in Vermillion on Nov. 12-13 at the DakotaDome. These tournaments bring in people from all over the state and we are expecting more than 3,000 visitors. Please help us welcome them to Vermillion by putting it on your marquee signs and welcoming them in your businesses and in our community.
* Vermillion's Senior Citizen Center Bazaar, Saturday, Nov. 20, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Vermillion Senior Citizen Center. Stop in and enjoy shopping, baked goodies, homemade soups, and fun! Vendors' spots are still available. For more information contact 624-8072.
* United Way of Vermillion presents "A Celebration of Johnny Cash," Saturday, Nov. 20 at 7 p.m. at the Vermillion High School Performing Arts Center. The musical event features John McNeill, Susan McNeill, Owen DeJong and Nick Schwebach. Tickets are available at Nook 'n Cranny or the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce. For more information contact 624-5571. This is a great show and an opportunity for attendees to help support those in our community who benefit from the efforts of the United Way and their agencies.
* Williams and Ree live at the Eagles, Saturday, Nov. 27. Two show times � 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tickets are available at the Eagles, 114 West Main, or call 624-9934 or 624-9644.
* Welcome Masterworks � We are pleased to welcome Masterworks to Vermillion! Masterworks assembles and packages kits for sales and distribution and for Polaris' assembly line. The company will begin operations with eight to 10 employees and will expand as additional work requires. Masterworks will be located in the former PEM building on the north side of the Highway 50 bypass.
* Candle Light Tour of Homes, Friday, Dec. 3, 6 to 9 p.m. Discover the magic of "Christmas Toyland" in Vermillion. The event features the homes of Ellis and Mary Ellen Jensen, Charles and Fern Kaufman, Tim and Patty Schwasinger, Bob and Gloria Barnes, Jerry and Betty Johnson and Austin-Whittemore House. Tickets are $15 and are available at Deb's Hallmark, Nook 'n Cranny, Hy-Vee, Jones' Food Center, Vermillion Beauty Shop, Austin-Whittemore and the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce and Development Company. Please join us for an enchanting evening!
Upcoming meetings for the week of Nov. 14:
Monday, Nov. 15 � United Way Meeting, noon at the VCDC office.
Thursday, Nov. 18 � VCDC Board Meeting, 11:45 a.m. at the VCDC office.