Chamber Chat by Vermillion Area Chamber/Development Company Upcoming events
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Presents "Music of the French Baroque," featuring Paul Boehnke, Friday, Nov. 5, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum on the corner of Clark and Yale streets on the campus of USD. Free and open to public! For more information contact the National Music Museum at 677-5306.
* Downtown Vermillion Open House � Saturday, Nov. 6 and Sunday, Nov. 7. Stop by for all your holiday shopping needs!
* W.H. Over Museum free Saturday class, flint knapping with David Minor, Saturday, Nov. 6, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the museum. Free event and children must be accompanied by a parent.
* The Clay County Chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving will be meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 9, 7 p.m. at the Vermillion Fire/EMS Station at the intersection of E. Duke Street and N. Dakota Street. This is the regularly scheduled meeting for the second Tuesday of each month. Dr. Charles Yelverton, a Vermillion physician, will be the speaker for the evening.
* Class of 2005 Graduation Showcase � Sunday, Nov. 7, 1 to 4:30 p.m. at the W.H. Over Museum. Dove House Productions, Inc., in conjunction with Peterman Photography, Hy-Vee Food Store and Jones' Food Center with Cakes by Monica, cordially invite the class of 2005 and their parents to attend a graduation showcase. There will be drawings and give-aways!
* Home Buyer Express � Carol Voss-Ward of Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS) of Lutheran Social Services will present this educational seminar on Thursday, Nov. 11 and Nov. 18 from 6 to 9 p.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church. Topics include available programs to help middle and low income S.D. residents buy a home, credit issues, and calculating how much you can afford. This seminar is free and open to the public. For more information or to register, call 1-888-258-2227.
* Vermillion's Senior Citizen Center Bazaar � Saturday, Nov. 20, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Vermillion's Senior Citizen Center. Stop in to enjoy the shopping, baked goodies, homemade soups, and fun! Vendors' spots are still available; for more information contact 624-8072.
* United Way 2004 Volunteer of the Year Award � United Way is seeking nominations for the 2004 volunteer of the year. If you would like to nominate someone for this year's award please pick up a form at Hy-Vee Food Store or the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company. For more information contact Bonnie at 624-5354.
* We would like to thank all of you who attended the Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre and thanks to everyone for all of your help in preparing the evening. We would like to give a special thank you to all of our actors and actresses, students from Phi Sigma Epsilon, Dave DeRouchey, Pro's staff and Willson Florist. We could not have done it without your support; you all are the best! Thank you!!
* South Dakota High School Football Playoffs will be held in Vermillion on Nov. 12-13 at the DakotaDome. These tournaments bring in people from all over the state and we are expecting more than 3,000 visitors. Please help us welcome them to Vermillion by putting it on your marquee signs or just by welcoming them in your business.
The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Office will be closed Thursday, Nov. 11 in honor of our veterans on Veteran's Day.