Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* VCDC 2005 Annual Banquet! � Friday, Feb. 18 at the Eagles, 114 West Main Street. Important Deadline: Please return your RSVP by Jan. 28!
* Cracker Barrel Session � The Vermillion Chamber & Development Company is hosting a Cracker Barrel session with our legislators on Saturday, Jan. 29 from 9 a.m. to noon at the William J. Radigan Fire/EMS Station at 820 N. Dakota Street. This is an opportunity for the public to share their thoughts and get updates on the 2005 legislative session from Rep. Donna Schafer, Rep. Jamie Boomgarden, and Sen. Ben Nesselhuf.
Representatives from Delta Kappa Gamma will be providing refreshments. Please join us for this informative event!
* 2005 Vermillion Area Family Business of the Year Award � The South Dakota Family Business Initiative is proud to continue an annual tradition in the community with the presentation of the Family Business of the Year Award during the VCDC annual banquet. This award will recognize the accomplishments of a family business and its contributions to the community and the surrounding region.
It includes the counties of Clay, Turner, Union, and neighboring Nebraska counties. In short essay format, family business owners can explain why they would like their business honored with the 2005 Vermillion Area Family Business of the Year Award. Applications may be obtained via the Initiative's Web site at www.usd.edu/ fambus or by calling 605-677-3157. Deadline for submitting an application is Wednesday, Feb. 9.
* 2005 New Membership � Thank you to those who have become new 2005 members. A special thank you to all of the 2004 members that have renewed for 2005! If you would like more information on how to become a member of the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company please stop in to meet with us at 906 East Cherry Street or call 624-5571. We truly appreciate your continued support!
* Downtown Streetscape Project � A special fund has been established through the city of Vermillion's Finance Office to accept donations from organizations, businesses, institutions, and individuals to assist in funding downtown streetscape features. The first donation has been received and requests for additional donations are being made at this time.
If you are interested in making a contribution, please make checks payable to: City of Vermillion � Downtown Streetscape Project. Your support and contributions to enhance our community are appreciated.
* Vermillion Jaycees � Members of the Vermillion Jaycees would like to encourage area businesses and employees to become a part of their organization! They are looking for some energetic individuals who are committed to the Vermillion community and interested in making a difference! For more information, please contact Jody Harnois at 624-4513.
* Made in South Dakota � South Dakota Department of Tourism has launched a new program called Made in South Dakota. This is an e-commerce program to showcase and sell products made in South Dakota. There are currently 41 active vendors on the Web site and they are working hard to expand that number.
Check out the Web site at www.madeinsouthdakota.com for unique items that only can be found on this site.
If you have an unique item that you would like to showcase on this site or know of someone who does please call our office at 624-5571 for more information.
* Tourism's Online Package co-op � Again this year, S.D. Tourism is asking partners to participate in Tourism's Online Package co-op. The idea is to team up with another industry business to put together an attractive vacation package that includes lodging, at least one activity, a price, a title and availability dates. Packages will need to be listed on TravelSD.com by March 1. This cost to participate in this program is only $35. Please take advantage of this opportunity at get your package listed today. For more information please call Melissa Bump at (605) 773-3301 or e-mail her at email@example.com or visit the Web site at TravelSD.com.
for the week of Jan. 30
Wednesday, Feb. 2, Merchant Meeting, 6 p.m. at Quiznos.