Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* Vermillion Beautiful announces Beautiful Neighbor Award nominees � At the Feb. 3 Vermillion Beautiful board meeting, the list of nominees for the Beautiful Neighbor Award was selected. We are pleased to announce this year's award winner is Pressing Matters. The five other Vermillion organizations nominated were: Vermillion Federal Credit Union, Victorian West, Pump N' Pak, Vermillion Public Library and Bank of the West. The award was presented at the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company banquet on Feb. 18. The Beautiful Neighbor Award is presented to a business, government entity or fraternal organization that has made a substantial effort to be a beautiful neighbor through landscaping or enhancement of its building. Previous winners were the Vermillion Post Office and Super 8 Motel.
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Presents "Traditional Acoustic Music" � Featuring Willson and McKee, Friday, Feb. 25, from noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum on the corner of Clark and Yale Streets on the campus of USD. Free and open to the public! For more information contact the National Music Museum at 677-5306.
* W.H. Over Museum Free Saturday Class � Saturday, Feb. 26, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the W.H. Over Museum. The W.H. Over invites you to "The Traditional Art of Knot Making" with Dr. Leroy Meyer. Free to the public. For more information contact Dorothy Neuhaus at 677-5228.
* W.H. Over Museum Free Saturday Class � Saturday, March 5, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the W.H. Over Museum. The W.H. Over invites you to "Language Changes since the Day of Lewis & Clark" with Dr. Susan Wolfe. Free to the public. For more information contact Dorothy Neuhaus at 677-5228.
* Discovering New Opportunities "Doing Business with the Government" Conference � Wednesday, March 16. 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Best Western Ramkota Hotel Sioux Falls. Key topics: Essentials of what you need to know about doing business with the government, finding opportunities in government, technical and administrative challenges, overview on accessing government purchasing, do's and don'ts of working with purchasing departments, tips on how to qualify your company to join the bid process, tools to take advantage of new business opportunities with the government, pricing your product or service and help when you need it. For more information or to register contact 605-330-4243 or email Janice.firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Get Out & Vote! Vermillion Public School Opt-Out � All residents are encouraged to vote on March 15 at Vermillion's National Guard Armory. Polls will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. If you will be out of town on that date, you can also vote during business hours from now until Election Day at the school district's administrative office at 17 Prospect St. You are a stakeholder! Your vote matters!
* Congratulations to all of the award winners recognized at the VCDC Annual Banquet: Vermillion Beautiful Award � Pressing Matters (Lindy and Paulette Wipf); United Way Volunteer of the Year Award � Maxine Johnson; VCDC Community Leader Award � Sue French; Mayor's Community Service Award � Kevin Jacobson; Vermillion Excellence in Family Business Award � Herren-Schempp Building Supply (Curt and Scott Schempp).
A special thank you to everyone who made the evening such a success!
* Upcoming meetings for the week of Feb. 27: Monday, Feb. 28, United Way Meeting, noon at the VCDC office; Wednesday, March 2, Merchant Meeting, noon at the VCDC office � please note location and time change!