Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* VCDC 2005 Annual Banquet � Friday, Feb. 18 at the Eagles, 114 West Main Street.
* W.H. Over Museum Free Saturday Class � Saturday, Feb. 19, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the W.H. Over Museum. The W.H. Over invites you to "Pipe Cleaner Art" Leanne Schaefbauer. Free to the public. For more information contact Dorothy Neuhaus at 677-5228.
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Presents "Music for Lute" featuring Adam Wead, Friday, Feb. 18, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum on the corner of Clark and Yale Streets on the campus of USD. Free and open to the public! For more information contact the National Music Museum at 677-5306.
* Home Buyer Express � Do you wonder if or how you can ever own your own home? Do you know about available programs to help middle and low income South Dakotans become homeowners? Home Buyer Express provides participants with information and resources on the entire home buying process. This free six-hour seminar, facilitated by Carol Voss-Ward of Consumer Credit Counseling Service, will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church on Saturday, Feb. 19 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call 1-888-258-2227 to register.
* The South Dakota Chamber of Commerce & Industry is announcing the 2005 Awards for Business Excellence (ABEX) Program. The program is designed to salute and enhance the image of the South Dakota business community by recognizing two companies that have shown outstanding achievements. The categories for this year's awards are: New Kid on the Block (for companies having opened during the last three years) and Business of the Year (for businesses that have been open three or more years). If you would like to nominate someone for this award please call our office at 624-5571 for an application. Application deadline is March 1. There will be three finalists resulting in two runners up and one winner in each category. All finalists will be featured in a video for the awards ceremony.
* Made in South Dakota � South Dakota Department of Tourism has launched a new program called Made in South Dakota. This is an e-commerce program to help showcase and sell products made in South Dakota. There are currently 41 active vendors on the Web site and they are working hard to expand that number. Check out the Web site at www.madeinsouthdakota.com for unique items that only can be found on this site. If you have a unique item that you would like to showcase on this site or know of someone who does please call our office at 624-5571 for more information.
* Tourism's Online Package Co-op � Again this year, SD tourism is asking partners to participate in Tourism's Online Package co-op. The idea is to team up with another industry business to put together an attractive vacation package that includes lodging, at least one activity, a price, a title and availability dates. Packages will need to be listed on TravelSD.com by March 1. The cost to participate in this program is only $35. Please take advantage of this opportunity and get your package listed today. For more information please call Melissa Bump at (605) 773-3301 or email her at email@example.com or visit the Web site at TravelSD.com.