Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* VCDC 2005 Annual Banquet! � Friday, Feb. 18 at the Eagles Lodge � 114 West Main Street.
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Presents "Music for Lute" � featuring Adam Wead, Friday, Feb. 18, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum on the corner of Clark and Yale Streets on the campus of USD. Free and open to the public! For more information contact the National Music Museum at 677-5306.
* W.H. Over Museum, free Saturday class � Saturday, Feb. 12, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the W.H. Over Museum. The W.H Over invites you to "Valentine Making" with Maxine Johnson. Free to public. For more information contact Dorothy Neuhaus at 677-5228.
* Downtown Streetscape Project � A special fund has been established through the city of Vermillion's Finance Office to accept donations from organizations, businesses, institutions, and individuals to assist in funding downtown streetscape features. The first donation has been received and requests for additional donations are being made at this time.
If you are interested in making a contribution, please make checks payable to: City of Vermillion � Downtown Streetscape Project. Your support and contributions to enhance our community are appreciated.
* Vermillion Jaycees � Members of the Vermillion Jaycees would like to encourage area businesses and employees to become a part of their organization! They are looking for some energetic individuals who are committed to the Vermillion community and interested in making a difference! For more information, please contact Jody Harnois at 624-4513.
* Made in South Dakota � South Dakota Department of Tourism has launched a new program called Made in South Dakota. This is an e-commerce program to help showcase and sell products made in South Dakota. There are currently 41 active vendors on the Web site and they are working hard to expand that number.
Check out the Web site at www.madeinsouthdakota.com for unique items that only can be found on this site. If you have a unique item that you would like to showcase on this site or know of someone who does please call our office at 624-5571.
* Tourism's Online Package co-op � Again this year, S.D. Tourism is asking partners to participate in Tourism's Online Package co-op. The idea is to team up with another industry business to put together an attractive vacation package that includes lodging, at least one activity, a price, a title and availability dates. Packages will need to be listed on TravelSD.com by March 1. The cost to participate in this program is only $35. Please take advantage of this opportunity and get your package listed today. For more information please call Melissa Bump at (605) 773-3301, e-mail email@example.com or visit TravelSD.com.