Cellular One activates new cell sites in S.D. Cellular One¨, a subsidiary of Western Wireless Corporation (NASDAQ: WWCA), a leading provider of wireless communications services to rural America, has activated three new digital cell sites as part of the company's continuing focus on network expansion in the state of South Dakota.
The sites include: Mud Butte � Improved coverage along Highway 212 and surrounding area north of Rapid City; Vermillion � Improved coverage along Highway 50, around downtown Vermillion and around The University of South Dakota campus; and Rosebud � Improved coverage along Highway 83, Highway 18 and the area surrounding Rosebud.
The new sites offer enhanced digital coverage through CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) technology, which may provide Cellular One customers with:
* Improved coverage;
* Fewer dropped and blocked calls;
* Less static, cross-talk and interference;
* Improved fraud protection;
* Downloadable stereo ringtones and games;
* Ability to access the Web and text messaging services;
* Greater selection of color screen handsets;
* Access to high-speed data capabilities.