Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* Fifth Annual "Golden" Easter Egg Hunt � The first clue was given out on Thursday, March 17!! Look for the clues at these participating businesses: Broadcaster, Candy Bouquet/Doo-Wop Shake Shop, Chaney CorInsurance, Chickering Tax & Accounting Services, Civic Council, Clay Union Electric Coop, CorTrust Bank, Deb's Hallmark, Dr. Richard and Matthew Knutson, eTelecare Global Solutions, Eye Care Eye Wear, First Bank & Trust, First Dakota National Bank, Herren Schempp Building Supply, Hy-Vee Food Store, Jones' Food Center, Mart's Auto Body & Marine, McDonald's, Midwest Homes, Never Never Land, Nook 'n Cranny, Pamida, Polaris, Premier Real Estate, Sioux Valley Vermillion Medical Center, The Looking Glass, Total Flooring, True Value, University of South Dakota, Vermillion Credit Union, Vermillion Ford, Vermillion Medical Clinic, and Wells Fargo. No clues will be given on Saturdays or Sundays.
The Golden Egg is located within the city limits of Vermillion. No need to search on residential property. No need to dig, climb, or destroy anything to locate the egg. Turn in the "Golden" Easter Egg at the Chamber of Commerce & Development Company at 906 East Cherry Street Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thank you to our sponsoring business for supporting the Fifth Annual "Golden" Easter Egg Hunt! Let the hunt begin!!
* GREAT STRIDES 2005 � The Sioux Valley-USD Wellness Program reminds you to sign up for the Great Strides 2005 exercise program. Great Strides officially started on Monday, March 21. Pick up your packet at 20 S. Plum Street today! For more information or to have a packet mailed to you, call Mary at 624-2611, ext. 461.
Check the Great Strides page on the Web site at www.siouxvalleyvermillion.org. Thank you to all the businesses that donated items for the Great Strides Celebration in May! Join Great Strides � Promoting health for our community!
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Presents "Chaskinakuy: Andean Village Music" � Featuring Edmond Badoux, Francy Vidal, and Daniel Zamalloa. Friday, April 1, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum on the corner of Clark and Yale Streets on the campus of USD. Free and open to the public! For more information contact the National Music Museum at 677-5306.
* State Geographic Bee Competition � Friday, April 1. USD will be hosting 100 students who qualified for the state-level competition. We anticipate 300 to 400 people attending the competition. Please help us welcome them to Vermillion by putting it on your marquee signs and welcoming them in your businesses and in our community. Merchants � if you would like to include a coupon in the students' (fourth through eighth grades) registration bag please contact us by Monday, March 28.
* SESDAC Auction � Saturday, April 2 at Valiant Vineyards Winery. For more information please contact 624-9806.
* Open House & Business After Hours � The public is cordially invited to attend a Community Open House & Business After Hours event on Wednesday, April 6 from 4 to 6 p.m. at USD Book & Supply, Inc., 440 East Cherry Street. Refreshments will be served and door prizes will be awarded! Everyone who signs the guest book will be a winner of a great prize! Professor Michael Myers and Professor Bernie Hunhoff of the South Dakota Magazine will be present to visit with the public and autograph their books. Other regional authors and vendors may also be present.
* Friends of the NRA Banquet � Thursday, April 7 starting at 5 p.m., with dinner at 7 p.m., at the Eagles. For ticket information contact Michael Tiedeman at 624-4990.
* Vermillion Capital for the Day � Event will be held on Wednesday, April 20. The full schedule of events, including a community meal and speech by Gov. Rounds, will be released at a later date.
* Open House & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony � The public is cordially invited to attend a Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Open House & Ribbon Cutting for Heartland Home Care on Thursday, April 21, 3 to 4:30 p.m. at 18 East Main Street.
* Attic Treasures Sale � Friday, May 6 and Saturday, May 7 at the Austin Whittemore House. Looking for a unique treasure? This is a great opportunity to meet people and hunt for that incredible treasure you have been searching for. If you have an item you would like to donate or would like more information contact 624-8266.
* 2005 New Membership � Thank you to those who have become new 2005 members this week: Subway, Music By Mike, and USD Book Store & Supply, Inc. If you would like more information on how to become a member of the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company please stop in to meet with us at 906 East Cherry Street or call 624-5571. We truly appreciate your continued support!