Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* City Council Central Ward Vacancy � The Vermillion City Council is seeking to fill a three-month vacancy for the office of alderman from the Central Ward. This is for a term of three months, and is eligible to be filled by any registered voter who is a resident in the Central Ward. Interested residents should send a letter, by March 18, to Mayor Dan Christopherson at city hall. For more information please contact 677-7050.
* Fifth Annual "Golden" Easter Egg Hunt � The first clue was given Thursday, March 17!! Look for the clues at these participating business: Broadcaster, Candy Bouquet/Doo-Wop Shake Shop, Chaney CorInsurance, Chickering Tax & Accounting Services, Civic Council, Clay Union Electric Coop, CorTrust Bank, Deb's Hallmark, Dr. Richard & Matthew Knutson, eTelecare Global Solutions, Eye Care Eye Wear, First Bank & Trust, First Dakota National Bank, Herren Schempp Building Supply, Hy-Vee Food Store, Jones' Food Center, Mart's Auto Body & Marine, McDonald's, Midwest Homes, Never Never Land, Nook 'n Cranny, Pamida, Polaris, Premier Real Estate, Sioux Valley Vermillion Medical Center, The Looking Glass, Total Flooring, True Value, University of South Dakota, Vermillion Credit Union, Vermillion Ford, Vermillion Medical Clinic, and Wells Fargo.
The Golden Egg is located within the city limits of Vermillion. No need to search on residential property. No need to dig, climb, or destroy anything to locate the egg. Turn in the "Golden" Easter Egg at the Chamber of Commerce & Development Company at 906 East Cherry Street Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thank you to our sponsoring business for supporting the fifth Annual "Golden" Easter Egg Hunt! LET THE HUNT BEGIN!!
* Coyote Country Rodeo presents "Friday Night at the Bunkhouse" � Friday, March 18, 7 p.m., at Trinity Lutheran Church. A night of cowboy poetry and old time country music. Entertainment will include Ed Nesselhuf, Pete Montagne, and many others to be announced the night of the show. Live auction, raffles, games and refreshments will be sold at the event. For ticket information contact Scott Hanson at 624-5137.
* W.H. Over Museum � Easter Candy Hunt � Saturday, March 19, 10:30 a.m. at the W.H. Over Museum. The Easter Candy Hunt is sponsored by Hy-Vee Food Center.
* W.H. Over Museum � Free Saturday class � Saturday, March 19, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the W.H. Over Museum. The W.H. Over invites you to "Easter Basket Making" with Maxine Johnson. Free to the public. For more information contact Dorothy Neuhaus at 677-5228.
* W.H. Over Museum � Fund-raiser Auction � Saturday, March 19, 6 p.m. at Valiant Vineyards Winery. Don't miss this exceptional event featuring a buffet dinner, musical entertainment, silent auction and live auction. For tickets or for more information contact Dorothy Neuhaus at 677-5228.
* Post-Legislative tour with David Owen � Please join S.D. State Chamber Director David Owen, and Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company for an informational post-legislative discussion on Wednesday, March 23, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Silver Dollar. The cost for the luncheon event is $5.95 plus drinks. Please contact 624-5571 to RSVP no later than noon Tuesday, March 22.
* City of Vermillion � Open house, Wednesday, March 23, 5 to 6:30 p.m. at the William J. Radigan Fire & EMS Station located at 820 N. Dakota Street. The public is invited to attend an open house to welcome the new city manager, John C. Prescott, and his wife Karen. Refreshments will be served. For questions or more information contact 677-7087.
* State Geographic Bee Competition � Friday, April 1. USD will be hosting 100 students who qualified for the state-level competition. We anticipate 300-400 people attending the competition. Please help us welcome them to Vermillion by putting it on your marquee signs and welcoming them in your businesses and in our community. Merchants � if you would like to include a coupon in the students' (fourth through eighth grades) registration bag please contact us by Monday, March 28.
* SESDAC Auction � Saturday, April 2 at Valiant Vineyards Winery. For more information please contact 624-9806.
* Attic Treasures Sale � Wednesday, April 6 and Thursday, April 7 at the Austin Whittemore House. Looking for a unique treasure? This is a great opportunity to meet people and hunt for that incredible treasure you have been searching for. If you have an item you would like to donate or would like more information contact 624-8266.
* Friends of the NRA Banquet � Thursday, April 7, starting at 5 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m., at the Eagles Lounge. For ticket information contact Michael Tiedeman at 624-4990.
* Vermillion selected for Capital for a Day � Event will be held on Wednesday, April 20. The full schedule of events will be released at a later date.
If you have an event you would like listed, please
contact the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company at 624-5571 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.