Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Presents "Music to Unwind By: Celtic and Other Soothing Music for Harp" � featuring Nancy Redfern. Friday, March 4, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum on the corner of Clark and Yale Streets on the campus of USD. Free and open to the public! For more information contact the National Music Museum at 677-5306.
* W.H. Over Museum � Free Saturday Class � Saturday, March 5, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the W.H. Over Museum. The W.H. Over invites you to "Language Changes since the Day of Lewis & Clark" with Dr. Susan Wolfe. Free to the public. For more information contact Dorothy Neuhaus at 677-5228.
* Open House & Ribbon Cutting � The public is cordially invited to attend a Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Open House & Ribbon Cutting for Tan World. Thursday, March 9, 4 to 5:30 p.m. at 845 East Cherry Street.
* Get Out & Vote! Vermillion Public School Opt-Out � All residents are encouraged to vote on March 15 at Vermillion's National Guard Armory. Polls will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
If you will be out of town on that date, you can also vote during business hours from now until election day at the school district's administrative office at 17 Prospect St. You are a stakeholder! Your vote matters!
* State Geographic Bee Competition � Friday, April 1. USD will be hosting 100 students who qualified for the state-level competition. We anticipate 300-400 people attending the competition.
Please help us welcome them to Vermillion by putting it on your marquee signs and welcoming them in your businesses and in our community.
Merchants � if you would like to include a coupon in the student's registration bag, please contact us by Monday, March 28.
* Discovering New Opportunities "Doing Business with the Government" Conference � Wednesday, March 16, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Best Western Ramkota Hotel Sioux Falls.
Key topics: Essentials of what you need to know about doing business with the government, finding opportunities in government, technical and administrative challenges, overview on accessing government purchasing, do's and don'ts of working with purchasing departments, tips on how to qualify your company to join the bid process, tools to take advantage of new business opportunities with the government, pricing your product or service and help when you need it.
For more information or to register contact 605-330-4243 or email Janice.email@example.com.
* SESDAC Auction � Saturday, April 2 at Valiant Vineyards Winery. For more information please contact 624-9806.