Dakotaland Child Care Conference is April 16 The Dakotaland Child Care Providers Conference will be held at the Roncalli Center on the Mount Marty College campus in Yankton on Saturday, April 16. The conference is open to child care providers, parents, teachers and other interested individuals.
Dakotaland Child Care Conference is a one-day conference designed for individuals to share experiences, receive educational training and gain new knowledge. All of the sessions are approved for one hour of in-service licensing requirements in South Dakota. Registration the day of Dakotaland Conference begins at 8 a.m. with the keynote address scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m. The conference closes at 3:30 p.m.
The morning will include the keynote speaker and breakout sessions. Tonya Schoenfelder, owner of TS Wellness, will present the keynote address, "I Love Children, Children are Fun" at this year's conference. Lunch will be provided in the cafeteria. Exhibit booths will be available for viewing and exhibitors will be present to answer questions regarding exhibits. The afternoon will be a continuation of breakout sessions on various topics.
Topics and presenters for the day's breakout sessions will include:
* Communicable Diseases and Illnesses Common in Daycare Settings, Jacqueline Husman, RN, Yankton County Community Health Nurse;
* Time for Toddlers, Kristy McCann, family life educator, Sioux Valley CHILD;
* 1, 2 ? Take Care of You! Tony Schoenfelder, owner of TS Wellness;
* Bumps, Bruises and Boo-Boos, Sue Wendt, assistant director of Kolor Me Kids/Red Cross Instructor;
* Lions, Tigers and Bears! Oh My! Deb VanHove, FACS teacher, Roosevelt High School;
* Back to the Basics in Nutrition, Lavonne Meyer, Turner County Extension educator;
* Stop Picking on Me! Amanda Diede, Bon Homme County Extension educator;
* Discipline with Love and Logic, Larry Anderson, behavioral consultant;
* Literacy for Little Learners, Andrea Prior, child care specialist, Communication Action Agency of Siouxland Early Head Start;
* Dance and Creative Movement, Judi O'Connell, owner, Judi's Dance Studio;
* ADD/ADHD � Parents, Teachers, Care Providers Working Together, Connie Birgen, USD Early Head Start family services specialist.
Registration fee for the conference is $25 if postmarked by April 1. After April 1, the registration fee is $30. Conference information and registration forms are available from the Yankton County Extension Office, phone 605-665-3387. Registration and payment need to be sent to the Yankton County Extension Office, 901 Whiting Drive, Yankton SD 57078.
This conference is sponsored by the South 2 Field Education Unit Extension Educators. You may contact any of the following offices for information regarding the Dakotaland Child Care Conference: Bon Homme County Extension Office � 605-589-3531; Clay County Extension Office � 605-677-7111; Turner County Extension Office � 605-297-3112 or Yankton County Extension Office at 605-665-3387.