Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* Vermillion Senior Citizen Center Fund Raising Dinner � Thursday, April 28, 5:30 p.m. at the Senior Center 320 W. Main Street. Dinner is sponsored by St. Agnes. For tickets or more information contact 624-8072.
* Summer Fast Track Program � The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company in collaboration with The University of South Dakota is busy planning for the upcoming school year. The admissions office at USD is asking for items/coupons from local businesses to welcome the NEW incoming students to Vermillion. If you are interested in putting a coupon or item from your business in the fast track bags that go to the students please have the items to our office no later than Friday, April 29 and we will get them included. We are asking for approximately 1,200 of each item for the bags. This is a great way to showcase your business and let the students at The University of South Dakota know what our community has to offer. If you have any questions please call our office at 624-5571.
* Lewis & Clark Home Builders Association's Procession of Homes 2005 sponsored by KK93 � On April 30, as a guest in the Procession of Homes, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., you will have the opportunity to attend open houses, observing area contractor's BEST work! Whether you're building or remodeling now, plan to in the future, or just want to collect new ideas, plan to attend the Lewis & Clark Home Builders Association's Procession of Homes! Pick up a map with address listings for the homes that will be showcased at Midwest Homes in Vermillion on Saturday, April 30, or at the KK93 studio in Yankton.
* Fireworks Unlimited Commercial Firework Show � Saturday, April 30 starting shortly after dark on the east side of Fireworks Unlimited located on highway 50. For safety do not park on the highway to view show. For more information contact Tom Taylor at 624-9105.
* SESD literature Swap & Customer Service Training � Tuesday, May 3 at the Sioux Falls Convention Center. Adding Passion to Purpose is a hands-on event that will rejuvenate your spirit, inspire your mind and give you skills to make every day more effective and more fun. Along with the customer service training the information center representatives will be there to accept brochures and community information. To register or for more information contact 624-5571.
* Tri State Driver-In Cruisers � Wednesday, May 25 6 to 9 p.m. Downtown Historical Main Street. For more information contact Jody Harnois at 624-4513.
* Attic Treasures Sale � Friday, May 6 and Saturday, May 7 at the Austin Whittemore House. Looking for a unique treasure? This is a great opportunity to meet people and hunt for that incredible treasure you have been searching for. If you have an item you would like to donate or would like more information contact 624-8266.
* South Dakota Small Business Workshops � May 25 in Sioux Falls, July 13 in Yankton, Sept. 28 in Sioux Falls. The cooperating agencies of the business tax education partnership sponsor free workshops to provide business tax education to business owners and employees. If you are self-employed, a business owner, office manager or bookkeeper, you need to know how to handle tax transactions.
The 2005 South Dakota Business Workshops are sponsored and provided without charge by the South Dakota Department of Labor, Revenue and Regulation, the Small Business Development Center, the Small Business Administration, and the Internal Revenue Service. For more information or to register call 1-800-829-9188 or log on to www.state.sd.us/drr2/ seminar/classreg.htm.
* Sponsors Needed for SOP Program � Southeast Job Link will be conducting the Summer Opportunities Program in June. This program is for high school students, ages 14-17, and is designed for career exploration in areas such as video production, desktop publishing, and digital photography. SE Job Link is looking for sponsors to fund five Vermillion students to participate in this program. The cost to sponsor a student is $75. If you are interested in sponsoring a student, please contact South Dakota Career Center at 677-6900.
* OSHA & EPA Compliance � If your business or your employees could benefit from training in the areas of OSHA and EPA compliance issues, the Regional Technical Education Center (RTEC) would like to help you! For more information please contact Ric Morton, Training Program Coordinator, at 605-668-3480.
* Upcoming meetings for the week of April 24 � Wednesday, April 27, VCDC Board Meeting, 11:15 a.m. at the VCDC office.