Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* Free Computer Workshop for Beginners � Friday, April 8, 1 to 3 p.m. at Southeast Job Link, 1024 West Cherry Street. The workshop is for beginners only and is free. If you would like more information or to reserve a seat contact 605-677-6900.
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Presents "Music by Felix Draeseke" � Featuring John Thomson and Richard Rognstad. Friday, April 8, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum on the corner of Clark and Yale Streets on the campus of USD. Free and open to the public! For more information contact the National Music Museum at 677-5306.
* Open House & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony � The public is cordially invited to attend a Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Open House & Ribbon Cutting for Henderson's Ultimate Car Wash. Saturday, April 2, noon to 4 p.m. at 821 Princeton Street, with the ribbon cutting ceremony at noon.
* SESDAC Auction � Saturday, April 2, at Valiant Vineyards Winery. For more information please contact 624-9806.
* Open House & Business After Hours � The public is cordially invited to attend a Community Open House & Business After Hours event on Wednesday, April 6, 4 to 6 p.m. at USD Book & Supply, Inc., 440 East Cherry Street. Refreshments will be served and door prizes will be awarded! Everyone who signs the guest book will be a winner of a great prize! Professor Michael Myers and Bernie Hunhoff, publisher of South Dakota Magazine will be present to visit with the public and autograph their books. Other regional authors and vendors participating include Karen and Bob Tosterud with His Essence Candles sold at Nook 'n Cranny, Bob's Million-Dollar Ideas book and novelist Ed Allen, author of Mustang Sally and other compelling books. USD Book and Supply will be open until 8 p.m. so anyone unable to attend the 4 to 6 p.m. event is encouraged to drop by later. Permission has been acquired for overflow parking to use USD Campus lot 24 across the street to the east of USD Book and Supply off Ratingen Strasse.
* Friends of the NRA Banquet � Thursday, April 7, starting at 5 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m., at the Eagles Lounge. For ticket information contact Michael Tiedeman at 624-4990.
* Vermillion � Capital for the Day � Event will be held on Wednesday, April 20. The full schedule of events, including a community meal and speech by Gov. Rounds, will be released at a later date.
* Open House & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony � The public is cordially invited to attend a Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Open House & Ribbon Cutting for Heartland Home Care. Thursday, April 21, 3 to 4:30 p.m. at 18 East Main Street.
* Attic Treasures Sale � Friday, May 6 and Saturday, May 7 at the Austin Whittemore House. Looking for a unique treasure? This is a great opportunity to meet people and hunt for that incredible treasure you have been searching for. If you have an item you would like to donate or would like more information contact 624-8266.
* 2005 New Membership � Thank you to those who have become new 2005 members this week: Kairoi, Inc. If you would like more information on how to become a member of the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company please stop in to meet with us at 906 East Cherry Street or call 624-5571. We truly appreciate your continued support!